International SOF Support SME
Operations | Tampa, FL | Full Time and Contract
Calhoun International is an information technology and management consulting company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis and network modeling, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, and cyberspace operations to information systems training and services as well as knowledge management. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Texas, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Support the J3-I mission. The primary function of this branch is to provide clarity to partner nations on US SOF operational requirements and coordinate their support to US operations where national and security interests align, and in close coordination with the Theater Special Operation Commands (TSOCs) and other staff elements (J33, J35, J5). The secondary function of this branch is to address partner nation operational information gaps and assist in development of the international SOF common operational picture (COP).
- Identify international SOF requirements and areas requiring deconfliction, synchronization, and coordination with US SOF operational headquarters and elements.
- Maintain the portal-based tracking mechanism currently for all PN requests for support, information, guidance, and status of requests for operational deployments to ensure effective PN SOF support to the Combatant Commands; track and action US requests for PN SOF support and capabilities.
- Support development of and maintain a common operational picture of PN SOF operations and activities to ensure their strategic interests are captured in USSOCOM planning forums such as Global SOF Synchronization Process (GSOS) and Trans-Regional Synchronization Forums (TRSF).
- Plan, schedule, draft content for, and execute coordination events (e.g. planning meetings, secure video teleconferences (SVTCs), planning sessions using collaboration tools) with multiple TSOCs, components, North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) SOF Headquarters (HQ), and PN SOF headquarters.
- Plan, schedule, draft content for, and coordinate PN SOF inputs to key USSOCOM, TSOC, and SOF component planning processes, including senior leader seminars, GSOS, TRSF, Strategic Coalition Alignment Forum (SCAF), key leader engagements, and J3-I communities of interest and communities of action.
- Enhance USSOCOM enterprise planning efforts to include PN SOF units and capabilities; develop and maintain metrics to assess enterprise integration with PN SOF.
- Coordinate with Foreign Disclosure Office (FDO) for release of USSOCOM, combatant command, and DOD plans to PN SOF representatives; provide a mechanism for tracking requests for information, support, and information release/disclosure.
- Graduate of US SOF component selection and assessment program such as US Army Special Forces Qualification Course (SFQC), Basic Underwater Demolition School (BUDS) or other SOF component equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited university.
- One year recent (last 5 years) combat/operational experience as part of International Stabilization Force Afghanistan (ISAF) or similar multinational special operation.
- 3 years recent (last 7 years) regional experience as member of GCC or TSOC staff.
- Graduate of a Joint Professional Military Education course, Intermediate Development Course or a Senior Professional Military Education Course
- 1 years’ experience in international SOF environment, (e.g., assignment to Multinational (MN) SOF headquarters such as the NATO SOF HQ, or GCC coalition coordination center).
- Experience with Foreign Disclosure and working with international partner information exchanges.
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access required.