GEOINT Technical Support
Analysis | Springfield, VA | Full Time and Contract
Calhoun International is an information technology and management consulting company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis and network modeling, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, and cyberspace operations to information systems training and services as well as knowledge management. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Texas, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Employee shall support GEOINT analysts directly as part of daily operational and functional mission support within a national intelligence agency: Support imagery analysts directly as part of the daily operational and support structure within several Imagery Analysis branches and divisions. Provide research and ad hoc projects utilizing multiple computer databases and special source libraries. Perform research, contribute to the preparation of analytical and technical reports and publications, prepare graphics, and maintain hard/soft copy files, including target folders, film files, collateral files, and other publications. Create and maintain databases, summary data, spreadsheets, graphic documents, and maintain Intelink web sites. Utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to extract and/or access geospatial information, derivative information and multi-intelligence data to provide requirements, currency, accuracy, readiness, responsiveness, data integrity, and relevancy recommendations that support the analysis and visualization of geospatial data available for use by the military, intelligence, and policy-making communities. Adapt existing software applications, tools and data to meet new requirements.
- Job duties require shift work. Shifts are typically 7:00-7:00 and generally consist of 3 days on/4 days off or 4 days on/3 days off.
- Expert-level familiarity with MS Office, data mining, and the ability to develop, manipulate, and maintain databases.
- Experience in creating visual aids (graphs, charts, etc.) and drafting, editing, and proofreading documents for publishing.
- Expert-level experience with Geospatial Information Systems tools (such as ArcView, ArcGIS, Remote View, ArclMS, ERDAS Imagine, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Fireworks, Photoshop, HTML, and FrameMaker), digital cartography, computer technology, Cartographic and Geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats.
- Demonstrated participation in and/or directing the activities of highly skilled technical and analytical teams responsible for developing solutions to highly complex analytical/intelligence problems.
- Demonstrated high degree of oral and written communication skills, and proven ability to collaborate effectively with regional analysts, geospatial analysts, imagery analysts, military officers, cartographers, intelligence analysts, engineers, technicians, managers, vendors, or other customers.
- Demonstrated customer support skills.
- Understanding of NGA's Geospatial Policies like International Policy, Co-Production, and dissemination of data.