Computer Scientist - Senior
Analytic Enabling | Honolulu, HI | Full Time and Contract
Calhoun International is an information technology and management consulting company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis and network modeling, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, and cyberspace operations to information systems training and services as well as knowledge management. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
The employee supports the INDOPACOM JIOC, providing specialized expertise to support the Intelligence Mission Management Center (IMMC) mission, enabling the effective and efficient management of national and theater level ISR
through situational awareness, system integration, data management and integration, and on-demand development to automation of various time consuming functions.
Calhoun International is seeking a qualified Computer Scientist professional to support the INDOPACOM JIOC Collection Management. Employs mathematics, statics, information science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, network science, probability modeling, data mining, data engineering, data warehousing, data compression, data protection, and / or other scientific techniques to correlate complex, technical findings into graphical, written, visual and verbal narrative products on trends of existing intelligence data to leverage other IC data sources. Broad understanding of computer science as it relates to Tasking, Collection, Production, Exploitation, and Dissemination (TCPED) process. Develops and utilizes machine learning and data mining algorithms, including, but not limited to. Multiple Information Model Synthesis Architecture (MIMOSA) prediction algorithms based on open source capabilities. Integrates or codes algorithms to support Government intelligence search and discovery missions. Makes best-practice recommendations on managing data within hardware, software, storage, and bandwidth constraints. Employs data science techniques to support predictive analysis, social media and crowd-source data analytics, war gaming, and strategy development. Employs exploratory analysis and rapid iteration techniques of large volumes of data to quickly derive intelligence. Employee will work in INDOPACOM Collection Management Task. Prepares products to describe and document findings and activities.
- Minimum 12 years of experience related to the specific labor category with at least a portion of the experience within the last 2 years
- Master’s degree in an area related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; or have Bachelor’s degree related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and an additional 5 years of related senior experience, for a total of 17 years, as a substitute to the Master’s degree.
- Broad understanding of computer science and expertise in application across the TCPED process
- Ability to develop project based schedule and milestones;
- Familiar with formats/medium including but not limited to: Blitz, Cognos, Kibana, JEMA, SENTIENT, MIST, MOVINT, SOCET GXP, DotMatrix, Google Earth, SNAPGLASS or related tools
- Desired experience: Prior CCMD experience. Ability to work in a fast paced/ high OPTEMPO environment
- CI Poly Eligible