Engineering | Honolulu, HI | Full Time and Contract
Calhoun International is an information technology and management consulting company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis and network modeling, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, and cyberspace operations to information systems training and services as well as knowledge management. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and overseas.
The employee will support the INDOPACOM JIOC, providing specialized expertise to support the Intelligence Mission Management Center (IMMC) mission, enabling the effective and efficient management of national and theater level ISR
through situational awareness, system integration, data management and integration, and on-demand
development to automate various functions.
- Calhoun International is seeking a qualified Computer Scientists to support the INDOPACOM JIOC. The Computer Scientist employs mathematics, statics, information science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, network science, probability modeling, data mining, data engineering, data warehousing, data compression, data protection, and / or other scientific techniques to correlate complex, technical findings into graphical, written, visual and verbal narrative products on trends of existing intelligence data to leverage other IC data sources. Develops and utilizes machine learning and data mining algorithms, including, but not limited to Multiple Information Model Synthesis Architecture (MIMOSA) prediction algorithms based on open source capabilities. Integrates or codes algorithms to support Government intelligence search and discovery missions. Makes best-practice recommendations on managing data within hardware, software, storage, and bandwidth constraints. Employs data science techniques to support predictive analysis, social media and crowd-source data analytics, war gaming, and strategy development. Employs exploratory analysis and rapid iteration techniques of large volumes of data to quickly derive intelligence. Prepares products to describe and document findings and activities.
- Apply scientific methods and technical tradecraft across the full range of intelligence requirements.
- Supports the identification of automated collection criteria, development of automated collection requirements, collection planning, research and development for optimization purposes, processing, and dissemination.
- Develops and implements innovative processes to investigate, prototype, and evaluate technologies and process to close intelligence gaps.
- Assists in the integration of new collection management related technology, equipment, or software into operational architectures and/or fuses existing complementary' technology to ensure that a system functions effectively as a whole. Evaluates the functionality, effectiveness, and suitability of systems and applications to
identify and address shortcomings.
- Collaborates with collection management personnel on development of specialized, innovative, or novel methods and procedures to support national and theater Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance missions.
- Collaborates with contractors in complementing mission areas, such as data scientists and knowledge managers to identify technical and / or procedural deficiencies, develop alternative courses of actions to improve existing procedures and / or mitigate identified deficiencies, and facilitate the implementation of new processes, techniques, procedures, to include automation where possible.
- Recommends changes to collection management processes based on operational efficacy, research, or maturity of the emerging technologies.
- Evaluates and assesses collection management initiatives and activities and makes recommendations to continuously optimize applications and processes.
- Develops and implements collection management processes to guide automation activities through the presentation of briefings and technical reports.
- Support and participate in conferences, exercises (planning and execution), and working groups (via secure video teleconferencing (VTC) or in person ). Joint Collection Management Board (JCMB), Joint Collection Working Groups (JCWG), Defense Collection Management Boards ( DCMB ), and National Collection Management Boards
(NCMB) as requested by the Government.
- Master’s degree in an area related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; or have Bachelor’s degree related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Broad understanding of computer science.
- Software development technical skill and familiarity with a mix of following languages/programs/systems/tools:
- Data Science Languages: Python, R, Watson, IBM, Tableau, SAS
- Databases: MySQL, Access, Oracle, SQL Server
- Applications: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Eclipse, SharePoint
- Operating Systems: Windows, Azure (Cloud)
- Familiar with formats/medium including but not limited to: Blitz, Cognos, Kibana, JEMA, SENTIENT, or related tools.
- Desired experience: Prior CCMD experience. Ability to work in a fast paced/high OPTEMPO environment.
- Desired attributes: Confident, diligent, organized, strong planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Ability to adapt and perform under pressure in diverse environments.
- TS/SCI and CI Poly eligible