C-IED / EOD Requirements Planner & Analyst
Analysis | Tampa, FL | Full Time
Calhoun International is an information technology and management consulting company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis and network modeling, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, and cyberspace operations to information systems training and services as well as knowledge management. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Texas, Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Job Description and Key Tasks:
Serves as Action Officer (AO) to USCENTCOM J3-JSO Protection Branch Chief (Navy O-5) providing full spectrum support to Branch operations, activities and requirements as requested and required. Duties include but not limited to:
- Assists with urgent operational requirements related to Counter-Improvised Explosive Device (C-IED) capabilities as well as research & development of new or improved capabilities
- Assists with C-IED specific Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) and the processes of the Joint-Staff Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC)
- Responsible for the research, generation and management of all USCENTCOM C-IED capability requirements documentation; including warfighter Joint Urgent Operational Needs (JUONs), Joint Emerging Operational Needs (JEONs), and Combatant Commander’s Integrated Prioritized Requirements (IPL)
- Directly manages cross-organization coordination and collaboration for all C-IED related warfighter needs and requirements with Joint Staff, Inter-Agency, USCENTCOM JDIRs, Components, and Sub-Unified Task Forces
- Provides input to the USCENTCOM Threat Working Group (TWG); providing C-IED expertise, threat analysis (as requested), and Force Protection-related recommendations to USCENTCOM JDIRs, Components, and Combined Joint Task Forces
- Conducts research and analysis of global IED threats. Provides rigorous, advanced analytical assessments and estimates to inform and shape theater-level resource prioritization and Force Protection response planning
- Facilitates CENTCOM’s participation in the Joint-Staff/OUSD(A&S) – led Warfighter Seniors Integration Group (W-SIG); to include booking conference rooms, printing/displaying slides, and coordinating SVTC and JWIC VTC requirements
- Provides administrative support to USCENTCOM’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) process; reviewing and redacting applicable C-IED specific documents and attending FOIA meetings and working groups
- Provides C-IED related subject-matter support to USCENTCOM’s Mandatory Declassification Review (MDR) process; includes knowledge on MDR regulations, USCENTCOM MDR policy and SOPs, reviewing and redacting applicable documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree (not degree specific).
- Active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Experience with supporting C-IED efforts.
- Minimum 1 year experience writing products / reports & conducting briefings at the 4-Star General Officer, executive level.
- Excellent research and critical thinking skills; must be able to review large sets of data and glean relevant and credible threats to U.S. personnel, facilities and areas of interest.
- Experience with various Intelligence Community research tools and data bases (e.g. M3, HOT-R, Palantir, Analyst Notebook and Intelink)
- Experience with providing intelligence analysis on enemy IED tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Motivated self-starter. Able to work independently with little to no oversight required.
- Adept with Microsoft Office tools (i.e. PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
- Experience with working C-IED acquisitions and budget for capability requirements at the Component Command, Joint Task Force or COCOM level.
- Experience in USCENTCOM AOR
- SharePoint knowledge
- Experience with Freedom of Information Act / Privacy Act (FOIA/PA)