VMWare Operations Engineer, Linux*
IT & IS | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time and Contract
VMWare Operations Engineer, Linux 603468*
As a VMWare Operations Engineer in the Platform Engineering Organization, not only will you be responsible for keeping our systems up and running, you will also have the ability to shape the architecture to properly run our systems.
- Building out a complex cloud production infrastructure
- Continuing to secure our infrastructure to protect us and our customers
- Providing resiliency of the VMWare platform being the backbone of production environment
- Minimally 5 years of experience with VMWare technology and support VMWare production environments.
- Full understanding of VMWare components and infrastructure, such as vcenter, datastores, VDS, VSS, resource pools, DRS, HA, NSX.
- Manage and support VMWare infrastructure for Private Cloud.
- Support 24x7 production environment for customers.
- Deploy and build new hardware to the VMWare infrastructure to provide additional capacity and growth.
- Responsible for hardware triage and coordinate with Data Center team for hardware replacements.
- Responsible to maintain ESXi and firmware versions on servers and storage subsystems in the VMWare infrastructure.
- Perform patch installations and on-going patch management for both VMWare components and physical hardware.
- Monitor day-to-day alerts and take actions to bring environments to a stable state.
- Interface with vendor support and coordinate with support toward problem resolutions.
- Create and update documentation as required.
- Familiar with linux environment, senior linux administration experience is a plus.
- Familiar with networking components with the ability to perform basic network management on network switches and firewalls is a plus.
- Collaborate with micro-service teams to provision and configure network policies with NSX.
- Good understanding of change management.
$60 per Hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 6 Month Assignment