Accounting | Houston, TX | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Treasury Accountant 8312451
The Treasury Accountant is primarily responsible for cash related transactions including currency related entries.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform full review of balance sheet account reconciliations without assistance and prepare associated balance sheet notes.
- Bank Account administration duties and assisting in cash pool management.
- Controls currency settlement and process FX confirmation and settlements.
- Analyzes Profit & Loss variance and reviews detailed revenue and cost transactions.
- Subsystem control including client receivables collections and intercompany settlement.
- Controls and prepares legal entity general ledger entries including pre-paids, advances, etc.
- Reviews customs, VAT and excise tax compliance.
- Implements control that effect segregation of duties between cash handling and recording.
- Coordinates with payables and inter-company on new accounting controls.
- Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbane Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training
- Problem Solving: project estimation & complexity, creative and innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented, and good decision-making skills.
- Leadership: functions independently and in a team, project mgt. skills, mentoring skills and can set/accomplish objectives.
- Communication: oral/written communication skills, customer services oriented and interacts frequently with peer groups, subordinates and senior mgt. advising on area of responsibility.
- Cross Discipline: Understanding of interaction with other disciplines, Company strategy and the principles of Quality Management.
- Finance or Accounting Degree
- 1-4 years in a financial role
$26 per Hour Houston TX 77077 6 Month Assignment