Technical Writing | Orlando, FL | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Technical Writer 6986
This position will work within the Digital Solutions Technical Publications team as a Technical Writer.
Qualified individuals must have a background in documenting software, balancing multiple projects, meeting deadlines with quality, and collaborating, successfully with teams. The successful candidate will work closely with the documentation team, software engineers, product managers, and support engineers to enhance and advance the documentation for the digital solutions portfolio.
Successful technical writers will be:
- Able to quickly learn new technologies
- Proficient in working within structured authoring (DITA) environments
- Familiar with Agile & Scrum methodologies
- Passionate about getting things done while meeting quality standards and deadlines
- Flexible when working collaboratively with others
- Able to participate in peer editing with other members of the team as needed
- Able to explain difficult concepts concisely for multiple audiences, including report designers, business analysts, software developers, and system administrators
- Able to meet writing goals in team environments
- Open to accepting and incorporating feedback from peers, SMEs, and leadership.
- Writing and editing technical communications materials and deployment of business analysis software applications and solutions, IT systems, and technical services
- Reliably meet deadlines related to scheduled content updates, content changes for immediate release to customers and prospects, and software release dates
- Simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects
- Conduct interviews and attend meetings with SMEs, engineers, and other stakeholders to gather technical specs and use cases for writing projects
- Work with developers and QA to ensure that documents are accurate
- Participate with Scrum teams to deliver completed and approved content at end of each sprint
- Participate in product development team meetings
- Actively work to enhance documentation based on customer and employee feedback
- Work with task-oriented, topic-based content in a CMS and WIKI publishing environment
- Create and update screenshots and graphics
- Use JIRA to track work progress
- Four year college degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communication, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Experience writing, editing, and publishing documentation for technical audiences using desktop publishing tools, DITA, and content management systems.
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused individual who is able to collaborate well with others in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years experience writing for software product lines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, 2-5 Years of technical documentation experience.
- Designs, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia, mobile or web-based publication.
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users.
- Document engineering processes and specifications.
- Recommends and implements formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
- Produces materials that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
Open to remote candidates.
$35 per hour Orlando, FL 32822 12 Month Assignment