Sr. Software Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | Mountain View, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Software Engineer 7508
A leading tech company in the professional networking industry is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join the Big Data Platform team. The successful candidate will help develop and operate mission critical infrastructure services and applications that power both internal and end customers use cases. The company offers a great work environment!
Sr. Software Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $80-$90
- Worksite: Leading tech company in the professional networking industry (Mountain View, CA 94043)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Sr. Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Lead the technical design, implementation, and deployment of software solutions
- Ensure that projects are successfully executed meeting the company's standards for quality software engineering
- Design and ship a high volume of elegant code with the foresight to avoid performance, scalability, usability, maintainability, availability, and testability issues.
- Maintain understanding of the latest technologies and tools and leverage them to improve existing products and services.
- Identify opportunities within the team for potential leverage and reuse by developing libraries, APIs, and shared services
- Assist in the onboarding and ramp-up of new engineers
- Contribute towards the definition of product and technical roadmaps
Sr. Software Engineer Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including hands-on technical leadership
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Proven track record of developing large-scale highly available services and systems in either Java or Python.
- Working experience in the development as well as consumption of Web Services APIs (JSON / XML / RPC)
- Working experience of build systems, databases, and Linux-based infrastructures
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong understanding of architectural models and technology stack used for developing highly scalable and highly available web applications and systems
- Good understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Experience developing Big data applications a bonus
- Experience developing with infrastructure management applications a bonus
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment