Social Media Coordinator
Social Media | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Social Media Coordinator 977489
A leading podcast and audiobook company is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to support the execution of social marketing content, campaigns and assist with community management strategy. The successful candidate will be responsible for scheduling and tagging outbound posts across all channels, publishing in real-time on specific social media platforms. The ideal candidate will be a detail-driven individual with robust organizational skills, who derives satisfaction from building and running a well-oiled machine. The company offers a great work environment!
Social Media Coordinator Benefits:
- Worksite: Leading podcast and audiobook company (Newark, NJ 07102)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Social Media Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Responsible for updating the overall social media content calendar, including merchandising promotional assets, in partnership with both internal teams and external agencies.
- Maintain an overall cultural content calendar to flag key moments, key dates, cultural themed months, etc., and incorporate that data into the overall social media content calendar.
- Develop a library/catalog of social media creative assets that can be slated in appropriate and timely calendar moments and raise opportunities for incorporating various social assets into the overall calendar to Sr. Manager of Social Media.
- Schedule and publish all posts via appropriate queues in Sprinklr and natively on owned organic social media. accounts, ensuring final copy editing and proofreading before publishing. Also responsible for adding appropriate post architecture, such as alt-captions, link in bio tagging, appropriate handle tagging, etc.
- Master third-party tools (Sprinklr, Dash Hudson) and native platform publishing.
- Contribute to social media content strategy by suggesting post ideas, themes, and real-time opportunities.
- Identify, secure, and leverage user-generated content for use by the brand in partnership with external agencies and provide internal documentation support.
- Suggest talent follows from brand channels to Sr. Manager Social Media for sign-off.
- Some development of social-first creative assets, contributing to creative direction and social copywriting, and trafficking deliverables from ideation to hand-off.
Social Media Coordinator Qualifications:
- Strong organizational and project coordination skills.
- Previous experience with social media management required.
- Proficiency in third-party social media tools like Sprinklr, as well as proficiency with native social tools (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) required.
- Understanding of social networks’ best practices – design, functionality, users (best time to post, tagging influencers, character limit) – across multiple social channels.
- Strong written communication, grammar, and copyediting skills, particularly within the social media arena.
- Some creative design skills needed for editing templates, etc. in Adobe Suite.
- Team player with a passion to work closely with others while maintaining an entrepreneurial, self-starter spirit.
- Problem-solver who finds joy in developing systems that increase efficiency.
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment