Senior Manager, Content Strategy
Content Management | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Senior Manager, Content Strategy 979509
A leading podcast and audiobook company is seeking a data-driven Senior Manager, Content Strategy to join the Content Strategy team. The successful candidate will help develop and execute the plans needed to make those content opportunities a reality by building and executing the long-term vision for the content develops, produces, and acquires. The ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator, a creative thinker, and a hands-on multitasker. The company offers a great work environment!
Senior Manager, Content Strategy Benefits:
- Worksite: Leading podcast and audiobook company (Newark, NJ 07102)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Senior Manager, Content Strategy Responsibilities:
- Support the development of the company's global royalty strategy to enable new business models and deploy customer offerings that grow the selection of quality, highly engaging content.
- Assess the impact of royalty and pricing strategies on the business: Quantify the impact of different royalty and pricing structures on customers and creators; drive strategic decision-making that aligns content strategy with cost-efficient economics and an enhanced customer and creator experience.
- Partner cross-functionally with, among others:
- Internal Content Acquisition and Content Operations to guide decisions around content acquisition and rights management.
- Content Partnerships, Publisher Relations, and PR to represent - and work on behalf of - creators on creative, mutually beneficial partnership and distribution strategies.
- Strategy, Corporate Development, International and Finance to project the long-term financial implications of royalty and pricing strategies.
- Publisher Relations, Legal, Accounting, and International to evolve title-level pricing strategies that benefit customers and creators.
- Support the development of enhanced customer offerings by creating monetization plans and royalty strategies to support and pay creators.
- Deploy revenue optimization strategies for the catalog (title-specific transactions) to improve outcomes for customers and creators.
- Support the development of the company's long-term content strategy in lockstep with the company’s overall business strategy. Drive forward using constant iteration, data analysis, market research, and cross-functional communication.
- Work with content team members to translate our strategy to short-term goals and priorities.
- Support the development of global programming strategies that drive long-term customer value while maximizing value for creators.
- Support with management and oversight of the company's global portfolio of content to ensure we have the right content for our current and future customers.
- Bring a data-driven mentality to content development. Help evolve the global content lifecycle and influence team operations to ensure data and insight drive the company's content investment decisions.
- Evaluate innovation opportunities and lead emerging category initiatives that tie our customer strategy to our content pipeline.
Senior Manager, Content Strategy Qualifications:
- 5-7+ years of relevant professional experience in strategy consulting, business development, and/or content strategy in digital media, preferably with royalties or licensing experience
- Proven track record leading complex, cross-functional teams and/or projects through strategic influence (without direct managerial authority).
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex, analytically-driven projects among global and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work seamlessly with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines.
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills. Experience and comfort around using quantitative data and metrics to communicate ideas.
- Deep understanding of and interest in digital media content, specifically consumer tech and on-demand streaming.
- Self-starter capable of taking initiative and working with minimal direction. Strong comfort with ambiguity.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills (with technical and non-technical teams).
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Math or related fields.
- Understanding of royalty strategies and structures for on-demand streaming media. (preferred)
- Revenue optimization or pricing strategy experience a plus.
- Knowledge of creator-facing strategy and communications dynamics for streaming media and entertainment. (preferred)
- Experience negotiating license or business development agreements. (preferred)
- Prior hands-on experience in the areas of strategic and/or financial planning and strategy execution, in a global capacity. (preferred)
- Experience working closely with global product teams on creator-facing tools and reporting structures. (preferred)
- 40 hours/week, 5 Month Assignment