Regulatory and Quality Abstractor Analyst
Software ENG & DEV | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Regulatory and Quality Abstractor Analyst 66512447
A leading medical institution is seeking a Regulatory and Quality Abstractor Analyst. The successful candidate will apply acquired skills and professional concepts to quality data analysis and/or improvement (QI) projects of small to medium size and intermediate scope and complexity. The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of all relevant clinical informatics software and systems, as well as of clinical standard terminology, clinical workflows, user interface optimization, clinical decision support, rules development, data integration and mining, clinical ontologies, adoption of technology. The company offers a great work environment!
Regulatory and Quality Abstractor Analyst Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $55/hr
- Worksite: Leading medical institution (San Francisco, CA 94158)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Regulatory and Quality Abstractor Analyst Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business, technical, and clinical leadership to plan, develop, implement, and analyze highly complex clinical informatics systems. Design internal processes to distribute reports and/or dashboards to ensure an optimal and efficient user experience and functionality, integrity, and reliability of systems.
- Utilize internal and external sources to collect, verify, and abstract moderately complex data related to the quality of patient care. Assist with the development of appropriate data reporting structures to support quality reviews for new initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement for clinically related safety indicators for both process and outcome metrics.
- Consult with team members and process owners to gather and clarify data and reporting requirements for highly complex outcome improvement solutions and regulatory and quality analytics.
- Analyze and troubleshoot highly complex data errors and problems, designing, testing, and applying advanced functional solutions. Evaluate data sources for relevance, integrity, and accuracy. Identify issues and collaborate on solutions to data management challenges.
Regulatory and Quality Abstractor Analyst Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a healthcare setting, preferably an academic medical center environment
- 2 + years of Epic abstraction experience
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- LVN / RN license preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of quality abstraction standards, clinical chart review, and regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of quality improvement models, tools, and techniques, including collection, aggregation, abstraction, analysis, and reporting of data.
- In-depth knowledge of all relevant clinical informatics software and systems, and of the highly complex concepts, principles, policies, methodologies, techniques, best practices, regulations, and standards practices involved with patient care and electronic medical data management in the UC health care system.
- Familiarity with HEDIS/CMS/measure specifications. Advanced expertise in Epic clinical and administrative workflows.
- 40 hours/week, 3 Month Assignment