Product Designer - Design Systems
Digital Design | Burbank, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Product Designer - Design Systems
We are seeking a Product Designer who's excited to design a world-class user experience for our streaming services. At our Burbank design studio, Product Designers design across over 20 different supported experiences, from connected TVs, to mobile apps to web.
The Voyager Design System is the visual heart of the products we create. You will lead and contribute to the ongoing design and implementation of VDS, ensuring that we are capturing components in fine grain detail based on audits of our existing product experiences and feature releases. You are passionate about crafting scalable systems and relish the opportunity to meaningfully support and engage with your fellow designers and engineering and product teams.
You will continually capture, tokenize, document and evolve VDS, with a strong awareness of design trends. Your sensibilities will be felt throughout the product experience, and will unlock the full potential of the product design team. You also understand the importance of high quality, succinct documentation, and possess craft and rigor in all your work. You understand that to be successful, you must ground your work in the technical realities of product building, and that you must build strong alliances with developers and product owners.
You are curious, smart, biased towards action and deeply focused on the “outcomes” of your work. You know that great design starts with understanding the problem. You are a designer whose work displays both a pixel-level attention to detail, as well as an acute understanding of broader usability paradigms. Someone who is able to transform complex concepts into simple, approachable experiences that are easy to use and visually balanced, across any device. A team player that lives and breathes the interactive space.
- Lead and contribute to the ongoing design and implementation of our Voyager Design System.
- Support your fellow design system and product design team members by being responsive, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Continually maintaining the design system by critically analyzing components and gathering feedback from fellow designers and developers.
- Foster a collaborative and congenial environment with your developer partners as they tokenize and componentize code.
- Be the reference and source of truth for our component libraries. Instruct your teammates in how to best use the components you’ve built.
- Continually upgrade the design system with respect to Figma’s latest feature releases that seek to improve product design workflows.
- Exercise strategic product thinking and collaborate with other designers to unlock synergies in their projects.
- 3+ years of product design experience
- Extensive experience building component libraries with examples that clearly demonstrate their use in modern product experiences
- An amazing portfolio that illustrates a deep understanding of functional UI/UX paired with a modern visual design sensibility. Any applicant without an online portfolio will not be considered.
- A strong UX and visual design sense, with an eye for simple, intuitive interfaces.
- Experience quickly adapting to fast moving timelines and variable project requirements
- The ability to work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal partners and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
- Experience partnering with peer designers and product / project orgs to deliver cutting edge design solutions across the entire product lifecycle and have experienced multiple launches
- Ability to rapidly concept, ideate and execute multiple concepts.
- A passion for innovation with an attitude that good enough is NEVER good enough
- The right candidate should have experience working in an agile context, where they have been a member of a delivery team in a product development environment; working closely with Product Owners, developers and QA engineers.