Media | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Metadata Coordinator 961529
A leading audiobook company is seeking a Metadata Coordinator to work as part of a team that accurately edits Table of Contents (ToC) and series relationships. They work closely with internal teams to ensure the metadata they own publishes correctly, accurately, and in a timely manner. The company offers a great work environment!
- Worksite: Leading audiobook company (Newark, NJ 07102)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
- Table of Contents Grooming: The Metadata Coordinator (TEMP) is responsible for fact-checking, copyediting, and organizing ToC data received from internal and third-party sources in adherence with the style guide.
- Series Relationship Research and Curation: The Metadata Coordinator (TEMP) fact-checks and curates Series pages for online display to customers, in accordance with internal best practices and customer feedback. They timely evaluate new releases for correct association with existing series pages, or create new series pages based on their research, which may involve aggregating data from multiple third-party resources, internal teams, customers, or authors.
- B.A., B.S., or equivalent degree, preferably in the humanities
- Minimum one year professional proofreading, copy-editing, and fact-checking experience in publishing
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style
- Familiarity with social media and Web-based research tools (e.g., Google), SEO concepts
- Technical proficiency in Windows operating environment
- Fluency in Outlook, Excel, and MS Word
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and problem solving skills in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- 40 hours/week, 9 Month Assignment