IT Field Service Tech
IT & IS | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
IT Field Service Tech 953577
Provide onsite technical support, including triage, analysis, diagnosis and resolution of issues related to desktop and laptop systems, handheld devices, printers, peripherals, network connectivity, desktop software applications and utilities, storage architecture, and IT security. Support will include staffing the IT Health Desk, a walk up IT support center.
Staff rotation to Service Desk or other sites as required.
- When at Service Desk Level1: handle 35-50 customer contacts per day from a variety of inbound sources: telephone, voicemail, email, assigned tickets, and instant messenger while maintaining 95% Customer Satisfaction ratings, 60-65% First Contact Resolution, and 65-75% Level 1 Resolution.
- When at Service Desk Level2: Resolve 8-20 Level 1 escalations per day from a variety of inbound sources: telephone, voicemail, email, assigned tickets, and instant messenger while maintaining 95% Customer Satisfaction ratings.
- Handle up to 100 tickets per day while managing queues and triaging tickets based on priority and service tier with greater than 95% accuracy.
- Assist Level 1 analysts in troubleshooting technical issues.
- Provide onsite field support for designated sites.
- Complete duties with the ability to collect and communicate technical concepts, both written & verbal, to a non-technical audience with a high degree of Customer Service.
- Gather technical information and prepare IT technical Notifications; ability to translate and manage technical Notifications to customer-facing Notifications.
- Provide thorough analysis and develop/recommend cost-effective solutions to variously complex technology problems based on incumbent’s extensive knowledge of campus/medical center standards and Department’s requirements/needs.
- Provide front line support for a variety of clinical/business applications, provision and administer user accounts and reset passwords in Active Directory,
- Conceptually understand the purpose, general functions of enterprise applications, such as EPIC, Pyxis, MyAccess, and all its terminology.
- Knowledge of important Federal, State, information security policies and procedures. Knowledge of policies sufficient to recognize violations or potential security problems before they happen, and act as information security liaison for supported groups.
- Use network diagnostic tools to support network infrastructure. Add/Move/Change Telecom Communication Devices (e.g. Siemens/Cisco phones). Support and update of Amcom Pager System Database.
- Perform Proactive Rounding, as assigned. Serve as internal escalation/contact for resolution of complex issues and VIP support.
- Participate in continuous process improvement & innovation. Complete other duties, as assigned
- Participate in small to medium sized technology projects. Of critical importance in this area is working closely with clients to analyze business needs, develop & design appropriate technology solutions, and present detailed recommendations to the client.
- Manage small technology projects, such as technology rollouts to customer base or as a subset of larger projects. Support new project development, including systems analysis, planning and preparation, testing and implementation and client coordination as needed.
- Participate in development and management of project, project communications, status reporting, and address related customer issues.
- Deliver IT training to customers, on-site and remote, one-on-one training for standard desktop applications (MS Office, email clients, web browsers) and Desktop OS features.
- Moderately-complex user documentation and walkthroughs. Complete other training related duties, as assigned.
- Maintain hardware inventory data and software licensing information to ensure accuracy. . Conduct periodic audits. Implement encryption on all required computers and notification of devices out of compliance.
- Assure licensing compliance by recording software purchasing information, installations, and user assignments.
- Recommend hardware configurations for customer procurement
- Create accurate Knowledge Base articles allowing for continuous improvement of the Enterprise Desktop Support & Service Desk programs.
- Minimum two years of experience in a desktop support or help desk position, supporting Windows and Macintosh computers in a complex networked environment and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a similar degree. In lieu of degree, minimum of one years of additional relevant experience.
- Demonstrated expert proficiency supporting MS Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Macintosh OS X, and MS Office. Proficiency with troubleshooting MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to act as a Desktop Hardware & Software consultant helping customers purchase the appropriate Hardware & Software for their needs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and support network connections for workstations and printers, VPN, and wireless environments.
- Demonstrated skill in configuring, troubleshooting and supporting escalated end user client systems including desktop, laptop and mobile computing devices – Windows, Macintosh, Android and iOS.
- Broad knowledge of enterprise system functions, dependencies and interactions and ability to use this information to troubleshoot. Ability to follow Desktop Support process in an enterprise environment such as, Customer Onboarding, Desktop engineering tools and services, Financial management Policies and Service, Security processes & tools, and Customer Outreach & Tools.
- Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. High degree of collaboration skills and the ability to work well in small teams and cross functionally. Knowledge of Collaboration tools & Service.
- Working knowledge of server internals, especially as needed for troubleshooting and isolating issues.
- Advanced skill at creating technical documentation for complex processes and applications.
- Experience developing and administering formal technical training to users at a variety of levels. Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner. Ability to develop and deliver advanced desk-side training, basic desk-side training, basic group training.
- General knowledge of other areas of IT. Intermediate knowledge of IT-related products and services.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of unit's business processes. Working knowledge of organization computer requirements, recommendations and policies including security standards.
- Effective skills at technical and administrative work direction, and proficiency in project management basics.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated judgment to delegate / escalate issues appropriately. High degree of self-motivation and flexibility. Must be exceptionally resourceful, detail-oriented, and have outstanding organization skills. Ability to Maintain task scheduling and prioritization, to meet the deadlines of ITFS staff and customers.
- Understanding of IT Service Management, incident and request management with-in an Enterprise environment
- Ability and flexibility to support a 7x24 clinical environment with potential on-call responsibilities.