Marketing | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Director, PR 991325
A leading podcast and audiobook company is seeking an exceptionally bright, judicious, articulate, well-connected individual for the role of Director, PR. This position will report to the VP, PR within the office of the CEO and brings daily interaction with senior executives and the media. The ideal candidate must have an understanding of the evolving digital media landscape and changing consumer appetites, superior communication and presentation skills (both written and oral), and public relations know-how. The company offers a great work environment!
Director, PR Benefits:
- Worksite: Leading podcast and audiobook company (Newark, NJ 07102)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Director, PR Responsibilities:
- Build positive awareness around content releases, events, brand image efforts, and more; promote and amplify the company's offerings through frequent positive media coverage in consumer and trade media outlets.
- Develop and execute strategic PR campaigns with an emphasis on original content slate (which includes audiobooks, podcasts, genre-bending audio entertainment, audio theater, etc.)
- Develop and maintain high-level relationships with key media in the entertainment, tech, music, theater, publishing, lifestyle, and news categories across print, digital, and broadcast media, and in business and tech categories.
- Conceptualize and research creative PR outreach strategies and campaigns.
- Pitch earned press coverage with a focus on features and proactively manage media relations.
- Promote overall business initiatives and communication goals of the company.
- Operate as a communications liaison by establishing and maintaining relationships across the company to ensure every PR opportunity is maximized and successes are amplified.
- Conceptualize and develop written materials, including press releases, briefing materials, pitch letters FAQs, Q&As, and other supporting documents.
- Work closely with high-profile talent and their representation to secure involvement in the promotion of their projects.
- Pick up projects mid-stream and effectively communicate the campaign progress back to colleagues upon the completion of the temporary position.
Director, PR Qualifications:
- 10+ years of work experience in a PR capacity, with a preference for in-house experience on a public relations/communications team.
- A College degree in social sciences or humanities required.
- Extensive public relations, and/or talent relations experience.
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry and/or experience therein.
- Pre-existing strong media and entertainment industry relationships.
- Understands and/or has experience promoting some or all of these areas: TV/Film, Audio, Tech, Publishing, Theater, and Music.
- Thorough understanding of how to effectively promote content and formulate thoughtful communication plans.
- Proven ability to manage confidential information and facilitate the release of the embargoed content with media partners.
- Strong collaborator and is able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Ability to plan and coordinate PR campaigns from strategic conception to execution—should have superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively, and quickly change course if necessary, to achieve desired results.
- Strategic thinking – the ability to simultaneously focus on holistic thinking and tactical results.
- Research skills—ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, present evaluations, and summarize key findings precisely and succinctly.
- Technical skills—strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint ability.
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment