Software ENG & DEV | Calabasas, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
DevOps Engineer 971062
A leading electronic testing and measurement company is seeking a talented and experienced Development Operations Engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will work creating and driving the software engineering practice that aims at unifying software development and software operations. The company offers a family-oriented culture and environment!
DevOps Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $55
- Worksite: Leading electronic testing and measurement company (Calabasas, CA 91302)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide effective, sustainable, and scalable solutions for software test and build automation in support of Agile Development process and test-driven development.
- Collaborate closely with internal IT suppliers and central DevOps to ensure continuous progress & deliverables are met.
- Recommend & apply infrastructure libraries and tools to enable lean development and continuous integration/delivery.
- Strong technical consultation depth. Able to evaluate & influence out-of-the-box vs customized solutions as applicable.
- Eloquent articulator of industry trends, thoughts & own ideas.
- Constantly lookout for cost-effective solutions.
Development Operations Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- At least 6-7 years of experience in managing Software Development Life cycle applications & tools, especially Jenkins and Atlassian tools for Source Code Management, Build Management, Test & Release management.
- Experience on Agile, Scrum, & Kanban based Software Development that has Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) fully integrated
- 6-7 years of experience in providing multi-tier Software Solutions for large/global R&D functional teams
- Strong analytical skills with the working knowledge of software build & test automation tools and scripts and infrastructure tools (Cmake, Ansible, Jenkins, Packer, VMware configuration, Groovy, Java, Python, XML, JSON)
- Strong analytical skills with the working knowledge of software configuration, build, and package management using Artifactory Conan or other tools
- Strong communication skills & able to work with cross-functional IT & R&D teams
- Versatile, flexible & passionate towards learning. A critical thinker. Able to work independently and positively influence the team
- At least 3-5 years of exposure to Software development, particularly Modern C++, on both the Windows and the Linux platforms
- Experience in Systems Administration & understanding of various Operating Systems platforms & technologies: Windows, Linux, Web Services (IIS, Apache, tomcat) (optional), Application monitoring & performance tuning.
- Proven ability in Researching and completing DevOps solutions in a timely manner.
- Understanding on Cloud, IoT concepts & its implications on software production (preferred)
- Understanding on big-scale Agile scrum processes & project management (preferred)
- 40 hours/week, 4 Month Assignment