Data Engineer (H)
Data Analytics | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Data Engineer 8878 (H)
A leading tech company in the professional networking industry is looking for a Data Engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, integrating, and documenting technical components for seamless data extraction and analysis on our big data platform. The ideal candidate has experience working with Hadoop projects/infrastructure, as well as an OO programming language like Java. The company offers a great work environment!
Data Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $70-$80
- Worksite: Leading tech company in the professional networking industry (Remote)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Data Engineer Responsibilities:
- Contributing at a senior level to the Big data and data warehouse design and data preparation by implementing a solid, robust, extensible design that supports key business flows.
- Performing all of the necessary data transformations to populate data into a warehouse table structure that is optimized for reporting.
- Establishing efficient design and programming patterns for engineers as well as for non-technical individuals
- Designing, integrating and documenting technical components for seamless data extraction and analysis on our big data platform.
- Ensuring best practices that can be adopted in Big Data stack and share across teams and BUs.
- Working in a team environment, interacting with multiple groups on a daily basis (very strong communication skills).
Data Engineer Qualifications:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in data.
- Ability to write, analyze, and debug SQL queries
- Working experience with Hadoop projects/infrastructure
- Experience in the Big Data space (Hadoop Stack like Spark, HDFS, Pig, Hive, etc.)
- Experience in deploying Big data workloads on Hadoop infrastructure
- Experience with Data Warehouse design, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load), architecting efficient software solutions
- Knowledge of data modeling for both data warehousing and Big Data
- Experience working extensively in multi-petabyte data environment
- Experience in engineering large-scale distributed systems in a production environment
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Shell, Python, Perl etc.) is must
- Experience with an OO programming language like Java a bonus
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment