Consumer Copywriter and Copyeditor
Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Consumer Copywriter and Copyeditor 791630
As a member of the visual design and brand team, the Consumer Copywriter and Copyeditor will bring our brand alive in consumer marketing communications for our corporate and product brands. You will collaborate with the visual design team, the digital/social team, and the product marketing teams to express our voice in a variety of projects, ranging from digital and social to physical touchpoints. You will translate our brand positioning, brand personality, and product-value propositions into consumer-facing messaging that are emotionally engaging across campaigns, events, programs, and more. You will also edit and proofread the writing of others to ensure consistent use of style, proper usage, and compelling expression. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working as the lead writer, with direction from the Lead Brand Planner, to translate strategy into the compelling copy in both short and long-form. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and impactful, project-based work in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work.
- Combine a passion for copywriting and copyediting with a drive to create communication that makes readers take action, using clear and memorable consumer-facing language
- Take charge as a primary copywriter for marketing collateral that can live across multiple internal and external channels and platforms, from above the line advertising and digital, to editorial and product messaging
- Be able to communicate strategic ideas and defend copywriting with thoughtful rationale, both verbally and visually, to internal stakeholders.
- Understand complex technologies and ecosystems, and convert that understanding into the approachable and persuasive copy in different contexts and to different audiences
- Edit and proofread messaging to ensure proper use of style and compelling expression.
- Collaborate with the lead brand planner and design team to craft creative platform ideas, identify communication strategies, and brainstorm campaign concepts
- 3-5 years of copywriting and editing experience at an agency or in-house with a focus on consumer-centric writing
- Ability to quickly pivot between different styles and formats
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional writing talents across diverse subject matters, styles, audiences, and mindsets. Please include an example of snappy advertising copy and long-form editorial writing.
- A passion for storytelling and an ability to communicate complex ideas simply, accurately, and persuasively
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills with an eye for detail
- Experience copywriting for a variety of communications, including websites, print and online advertising, email, brochures, outdoor advertising, event, and retail materials, brand guidelines, etc.
- Creative thinking that works across concept, design, and writing to drive a compelling communication
- Self-motivation, excellent communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams
- Experience writing/editing for consumer electronics and/or technology products or services a plus
$60 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 3 Month Assignment