Finance | Emeryville, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Collections Representative 825347
The Senior Collections Representative (SCR) is responsible for the accounts receivable associated with Golden Gate OB/GYN. The SCR will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following: Claim submission, Cirius Claims edits, Payment Posting, Cirius Charge edits, RFI edits and lockbox reconciliation. The SCR will also be responsible for all follow-up on receivables associated with commercial, government, contracted and managed care insurance payers. The SCR will answer and resolve patient concerns through phone calls routed through the ACD system. The SCR must have excellent customer service skills with emphasis on phone etiquette and courteousness. All tasks associated with Golden Gate OB/GYN will be initiated and completed within the CureMD computer system. This SCR deals regularly with complex policy and procedural issues that involve contract compliance with regard to HMO and PPO payers. It is the SCR’s responsibility to communicate and coordinate with Golden Gate OB/GYN staff to ensure quality outcomes from all settings and situations associated with GG-OB/GYN. The SCR’s main task is to resolve all outstanding receivables through constant communication with the payers, patients, and other Golden Gate OB/GYN staff. All follow-up will be performed by accessing information by phone or through appropriate websites. The SCR will conform to all company, MGBS, Golden Gate OB/GYN and Government HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Examines and evaluates accounts for appropriate follow-up action in a stratified manner by modified account balance as assigned in CureMD, to achieve weekly WIP (Work In Progress) goals
- Post payments, adjustments and lockbox reconciliation and any other posting requirements as needed in CureMD.
- Review of non-payment and/or incorrect payment for possible appeal
- Submit requests to GG OB/GYN via e-mail, phone calls or RFI (Request For Information) process and review response for appropriate action
- Review all information needed to validate correct credit balance and/or correct refund due
- Answer all ACD calls with calmness and courteousness and with an abandonment rate of less than 10%.
- Secure guarantor/patient demographic and /or insurance information as required
- Notify manager of possible procedural change for improving efficiency
- Attend department, unit, and other meetings as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all company locations.
- Ability to work in a changing environment and handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Good organizational interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- High School graduate
- 1-2 Years follow-up experience in professional fee billing in a doctor’s office or University setting
$26 per hour Emeryville, CA 94608 17 Month Assignment