Automation QA Engineer
Software QA | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Automation QA Engineer 2086
A leading enterprise software provider is seeking an Automation QA Engineer with experience in web application accessibility testing to help us deliver our product to all users of all abilities. The company offers a great work environment!
Automation QA Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $60-$65 per hour
- Worksite: Leading enterprise software provider (Palo Alto, CA 94303 or open to Bay Area based candidates)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
Automation QA Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ADA, WCAG, 508 Compliance testing for web applications.
- Understand the application functionality and its many business rules from UI perspective;
- Testing to be conducted in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guideline 2.1 standards and requirements of Section 508 (29 U.S.C §794d);
- Work directly with agile software development teams to incorporate test strategies throughout the development process;
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and developers to identify and clarify requirements and ensure they are met;
- Review existing user experiences, provide feedback on making them more compatible with assistive technologies, and lend design and technical expertise to the project teams;
- Assist in evaluating and formulating a VPAT for various product areas across web and mobile clients;
- Perform software development by creating and testing software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards;
- Design, develop and execute software test plans;
- Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software;
- Identify accessibility issues, help troubleshoot and find solutions for them;
- Utilize strong communication skills to work closely with the scrum teams to build accessible experiences;
- Perform accessibility audits and develop recommendations to build more accessible experiences and help educate developers think with an accessible mindset.
Automation QA Engineer Qualifications:
- BS degree with 5+ years work experience or MS degree with 2+ years work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working on complex UI solving accessibility challenges is highly desired.
- Passionate about working with designers, engineers and customers to build accessible user experiences
- Working knowledge of Section 508 , WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 Guidelines, Success Criteria Level AA, and the implementation of accessible solutions
- Experience conducting accessibility testing of web-based applications
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of web-based applications and a proven ability to understand complex business rules.
- Financial domain experience is a big plus.
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment