Associate Emerging Platforms Curator
Journalism | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Contract
Associate Emerging Platforms Curator 760935
The ideal candidate is a skilled editorial strategist who combines digital audience development savvy and project management skills to create a continuously-evolving strategy. This person is an excellent communicator who can move among different disciplines, lead the development of new tactics while keeping teams informed and updated, and moving toward a common goal of growing the audience for all company brands.
You will monitor and grow the digital audiences of multiple brands through platforms such as Apple News, Smart News and more as a part of the Growth & Engagement team. You will come up with innovative solutions to grow engagement on emerging platforms, acting as the “voice” for the brands on outside channels.
- Manage, educate and motivate others to promote content internally and externally across various platforms.
- Maintain multiple editorial calendars and create cross-brand distribution plans around tentpole events as a part of team administration and communication with multiple edit, video and graphics teams.
- Help evolve and manage voice and ensure all content is on brand.
- Collaborate with sales, social and video teams to align on strategy, ideate, and promote a variety of content.
- Use data and analytics to maximize the strategic value of various platforms.
- Find ways to distribute content offerings to a more diverse audience.
- Back up Growth & Engagement on-site team and other duties, when necessary
- Streamlining many editorial processes in an effort to improve cross-brand communications.
- Owning the “voice” of the brand on emerging platforms to develop innovative and creative strategies to grow engagement.
- 0-2 years of journalism or digital newsroom experience
- Exceptional writing, editing, and grammar skills while prioritizing a high volume of work
- Strong editorial judgment and quick decision-making skills
- Ability to write clever and/or compelling copy succinctly; and demonstrate sound news judgement
- Ability to work on tight deadlines at a fast pace while prioritizing goals effectively
- A desire to experiment, measure success and expand upon what works on new or established platforms
- A love of writing pithy and engaging copy and an avid interest in platforms, analytics, and audience development
- Great organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple projects with ease, meet deadlines and work under pressure in an extremely fast-paced and ever-changing environment
You may have:
- A spirit of curiosity and ability to think creatively about how we deliver journalism to new audiences where they are: mobile, desktop, social and other emerging platforms.
- An obsession with performance metrics and a bottomless well of original ideas.
$27 Per hour San Francisco, CA 94105 6+ Month Assignment