Apex Instructional Designer
Training Development | Oakland, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Apex Instructional Designer 823846
Involves the design, building, testing, and implementation of clinical application systems. Provides support to clinical users through knowledge of clinical processes, documentation needs, workflows, and clinical practice standards, when adapting software to meet their needs. Works with clinicians to create or adapt written protocols. Prepares detailed specs encompassing clinical processes, information flow, risk and impact analysis. May provide customer service, troubleshooting, and maintenance. The Clinical Systems Training is responsible for all aspects of the Electronic Health Record (EPIC: APeX- Advancing Patient-Centered Excellence) for hospitals, practices, affiliates and community partners. The APeX/Epic -ELearning Developer will work in collaboration with the APeX-Epic application teams and clinical/business operations to develop curriculum to provide training support to a variety of end-users including physician, nurses, clinical research coordinators, billers and other users. This position will focus on training Community Connect practice in both Cadence (Registration/Scheduler) and Ambulatory applications. Provides excellent customer service to end-users, tracks issues and follows-up as appropriate. eLearning Developers will work in multiple locations including the Medical Center locations, Benioff Children’s Hospitals-Oakland and San Francisco, campus, and community connect partners. Inherent with these key responsibilities is the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and meet any imposed deadlines. As training will be role-based, it is essential that the APeX- ELearning Developers have experience with or the ability to fully grasp workflows, policies/procedures that are clinical, procedural and/or administrative in nature to create operationally focused curriculum/scenarios.
- Designs and produces eLearning content for user training in clinical information system workflows and processes, hardware and/or operating systems at all levels of complexity. Develops effective tools and aids for systems training.
- Creation/modification of course materials/lesson plans, tips & tricks, web-based content and manage content published on APeX Knowledge Databank. Develops dissemination strategies to inform end-users of changes.
- Build and manage of MST training environment for eLearning simulations. Use Epic tools to support environment build including mitosis, appointment builder and patient duplicator. Work with Subject Matter Experts to build scenarios to make training realistic.
- Collaborates with key clinical users on complex projects to modify workflow due to new releases and system upgrades. Plans and develops improvements in the functionality and efficiency of clinical applications. Liaison between vendors and IT leadership. Establishes scope and requirements for training initiatives.
- Plans implements and supports clinical software, hardware, operating systems and/or distributed clinical information systems of moderate scope and complexity. Contributes to estimates of resource needs and scheduling of system upgrades and modifications.
- Works on complex initiatives to analyze patient care workflow in various clinical departments, and to develop and define information technology solutions for improved system integration and functionality. Organizes medical record tools and data. Applies innovation in the management of complex scenarios.
- Contributes to the development of new projects at all levels of scope and complexity. Performs systems analysis, planning, and preparation, coding, testing, implementation and client/vendor coordination.
- Troubleshoots escalated issues of moderate complexity and scope with clinical software, hardware, operating systems and/or distributed clinical information systems. Identifies and coordinates service and support as needed between clinical engineering, IT, networks, departments, and outside vendors. Proposes new solutions in regards to workflows, processes, system designs or developments as needed.
- Participates in the development of complete, concise and comprehensive policies and operation procedures to assist in communicating issues to management staff
- Realigns based upon business and clinical needs. Looks to new opportunities to address customer service challenges. Documents issues and develops/communicates plans to address.
- Estimates project time requirements, addresses gaps, participates in feasibility assessments.
- Bachelor's degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
- Epic certification
- Broad and/or in-depth knowledge of 1-2 areas of focus in clinical applications specialty area(s). Knowledge of systems and functions, including design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evaluation.
- Strong problem-resolution skills, with the ability to quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively, train, support, and work collaboratively with users of clinical information systems at all professional and technical levels.
- Detail-oriented, with proven organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, and see projects through to completion on deadline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical application users in a specific, clear, and concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge in documentation and reporting, with the ability to design and execute tests, analyze system performance data, and produce substantive reports and analyses.
- Ability to work with senior staff and managers, serving as a technical resource and providing advice and counsel on issues of functionality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, policy, and performance.
- Three years of related work experience
$85 per Hour Oakland, CA 94609 1 Month Assignment