Recruitment Manager / Talent Acquisition Lead
Human Resources | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With over 830,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
The Talent Acquisition Lead will play an integral role on the Human Resources team at ASCAP. The Talent Acquisition Lead is responsible for the full life cycle of recruitment from selection to onboarding, including meeting with department managers to assess staffing needs and role requirements, managing internal and external job postings, screening resumes, scheduling and conducting interviews, and identifying candidates for hire. The Talent Acquisition Lead will also play an integral role in promoting a positive and thorough onboarding experience.
- Manage full life cycle recruitment at ASCAP for 15-20+ open requisitions at a time ranging from entry to Executive level across a broad range of roles including Strategy, Technology, Finance, Marketing, Product and much more.
- Create, organize, and implement strategic recruitment plans and initiatives in partnership with stakeholders and management
- Manage the contingent labor recruitment, onboarding and offboarding process
- Develop and implement competitive external/internal sourcing programs to strengthen our employer brand and our ability to attract, assess, and select top talent
- Leverage recruitment tools and platforms to promote ASCAP’s brand and attract talent such as LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and The Muse
- Support the current onboarding programs and processes, make recommendations and execute new ideas to enhance the new hire experience, and assist managers up for success to effectively onboard members to their teams.
- Establish and manage relationships with search firms and other recruiting partners in alignment with business and fiscal objectives.
- Maintain Applicant Tracking System improvements and upgrades.
- Special projects as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3-5+ years of full-cycle recruitment experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in building recruitment pipeline, with the ability to anticipate workforce needs.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and influence across the organization at all levels.
- A positive and open attitude, engaging presence, strong work ethic and initiative, relentless commitment to hiring the best candidates for ASCAP, and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate changing needs.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources administration, business administration, organization development, psychology or a related field.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.