Marketing and Communications | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With over 830,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
Combining talent, experience and an equal passion for music and cutting-edge design with innovative problem-solving, ASCAP’s Graphic Designer is responsible for designing and creating engaging content including for social media and email campaigns, websites, marketing brochures, print ads, presentations, promotional merchandise and collateral materials for experiential events such as invitations, program books, posters, signage, table tents and awards. As a Graphic Designer at ASCAP, you’ll be helping achieve the goals of the Marketing & Communications Department while generating energy, confidence and trust throughout our music creator and music-licensed community.
You will be designing, creating and editing assets from concept to execution, representing a variety of music genres that must excite, educate and entertain. You will also be expected to support and collaborate with outside designers, animators and videographers as needed.
You will work alongside the other Marketing & Communications team while also interfacing with other creative and strategic departments throughout ASCAP.
- Work closely with ASCAP’s VP/Creative Director, Social Media Director and any outside content creators to determine how to best represent concepts related to ASCAP’s brand identity.
- Develop online and offline visual communication material for key consumer-facing marketing channels including video, digital, social, experiential, traditional media and partner programs.
- Drive company-wide use of our current visual guidelines/identity system and ensure alignment with the overall brand positioning and strategy.
- Design and create advertising, promotional, and informational materials for ASCAP campaigns, website and events.
- Design graphics packages for video (slides, logos, etc).
- Ensure consistency and integrity of the ASCAP brand in the eyes of consumers, partners, the brand creative and management, ensuring to adhered by the brand guidelines.
- Work with production vendors to meet our goals; stay abreast of new production technologies and best practices to deliver the best results; and manage and meet all deadlines.
- Create digital advertisements for ASCAP’s events and strategic initiatives.
- Design concepts for PowerPoint and or keynote presentations/materials for meetings; sponsor decks in multi-formats to communicate our messaging visually.
- 1 - 4 years of experience in developing exceptional brand-focused creative.
- Experience working in a team and individual setting, bringing with you great spirit and inspiring work ethic.
- Proficient in the major digital design programs in the Adobe Creative Cloud - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator – as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Keynote and PowerPoint.
- Strong PowerPoint skills and the ability to create effective, engaging presentations.
- Knowledge of print production procedures (preparing files for press, bleed settings, checking proofs, etc.) as well as sending files via email, Dropbox, WeTransfer, and FTP.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects (video editing/motion graphics) a plus.
- Illustration skills a plus.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to consistently meet deadlines. Time management is key to success in this position.
- Ability to analyze and discuss creative concepts in a clear, rational, and creative manner.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws