Coordinator, Global Resolution Team
Global Services | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 650,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
The Coordinator, Global Resolution Team supports and works directly with Global Customer Services staff to assist in handling high level issue resolution and complicated membership issues in PREP, Membership team liaison with BALA on deceased matters and settlement research, liaison with Distribution and QA on resolution of high level issues, and addresses member concerns in various ASCAP operational areas (e.g., Repertory, Royalty, Distribution, Quality Assurance and Membership) while also working as an independent contributor, with appropriate supervision, to address member concerns and claims directly.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
Expert Customer Service Projects: Research and implement Deceased Matters and Resigned Member Payments. Utilize Inquiry Management to manage and document all transactions. Special projects and tasks as assigned by head of the Department and other senior staff members in order to resolve high value/impact issues.
Process improvement: Commit to the high-level goals of ASCAP through consistent evaluation and enhancements of methodologies and policies. Support testing and provide feedback for system changes.
Customer Service Resolution: Identify, research and resolve issues arising from inquiries by specific writer and publisher members or their representatives regarding: (1) performance crediting; (2) repertory; (3) royalty distribution, overpayment recoupments; (4) international collection and distribution; and (5) general membership concerns. Process publisher acquisitions, assignments to corporations, publisher name changes, irrevocable and revocable royalty assignments.
Distribution Support: Participate in regular review activities at critical checkpoints in the distribution processes, such as International Statement Review, 3Qtr Comparisons.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Music Industry Studies, Business or work experience equivalent.
- Excellent administrative and written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to clearly and simply communicate complex issues.
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and organized to ensure internal and external responsiveness.
- Effective and creative problem solver.
- Advanced knowledge ASCAP’s processes and procedures
- Must be able to work independently and with a team to meet position, department and company goals
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program