Associate Director, Film, TV & Visual Media
Membership | Los Angeles | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 625,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
The Associate Director of Film, TV & Visual Media serves an important role as a representative to composers and professionals in the film and television community. While working with some of our highest profile composers, they focus on nurturing the careers and loyalty to ASCAP of emerging composers.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
- Resolve any questions or issues that composer members may have with their distributions or questions about policies or events ASCAP has put forward or promoted.
- Maintain relationships with emerging and some high profile composer members and industry professionals through regularly attending lunch and dinner meetings and visiting members at their studios.
- Attend events both locally and, on occasion, in other cities to represent ASCAP at conferences, panels, concerts, awards and other industry events.
- Produce events and programs on behalf of ASCAP both locally and in other cities including workshops, panels, receptions, etc.,
- Research and stay abreast of industry developments to provide strategic support to the Department head and senior management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Work experience in the Film and TV music industry
- Very strong social and communication skills and the ability to maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor
- This position requires regular attendance of meetings and industry events
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, team environment
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program