Sr. Scientist/Scientist, CAR T Technology Development
Research | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene Therapeutics is seeking an experienced Scientist with expertise in cell therapy and oncology research to join the Research Department. This individual will have the opportunity to be a contributing member of our innovative research team and gain valuable experience in oncology, immunology, and cell therapy research as they support the preclinical development of our next-generation CAR T cell therapies. The ideal candidate is an individual who is excited to take on new challenges in a dynamic start-up environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute studies to evaluate logic gate technologies for CAR T cell therapy
- Perform in vitro molecular and cellular assays to assess various cell engineering
- Enable in vivo evaluation of cell therapies
- Provide critical lab support and contribute to a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and results
- Present at group meetings and project team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- PhD degree candidate in cell biology, immunology, or related discipline with 0-3 years of post-doctoral research experience or Master of Science degree 4+ years of experience in academic or industry setting or Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of experience
- Experience and/or strong interests in cell therapy and immuno-oncology research
- Proficient at cell culture with primary T cells and transformed cell lines, including general maintenance, cryopreservation, transfection, and cell-based assays
- Experience with gene editing techniques (TALEN, CRISPR/cas9, etc.) and viral transduction (lentiviral, AAV transduction, etc.)
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry and analysis software
- Experience in studying tumor microenvironment and logic gate (e.g. protease gate, NOT-gate, AND gate) CAR design to address target specificity issue is highly preferred
- Experience with molecular biology including construct design, cloning and the use of supporting software (e.g. SnapGene, Vector NTI, Lasergene, etc)
- Prior experience in the field of cellular therapies is highly preferred
- Understanding of in vivo studies and oncology animal model is a plus
- Proactive attitude and strong desire to be part of a team working together to overcome obstacles
- Self-motivated, exhibit exceptional attention to detail, be able to learn new laboratory skills as needed and perform complex experiments
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to plan/prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.