Senior Manager, Supply Planning
Supply Chain Management | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene’s Supply Chain organization is building a world class team that is focused on delivering potentially lifesaving therapies to patients. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as Senior Manager, Supply Planning. This role will be a hands-on role reporting to our Associate Director, Supply Chain. You will oversee inventory, supply, and materials management for clinical trials, as well as commercial pre- and post-launch readiness activities. You will play a key role in ensuring production readiness from a materials perspective, including facility start up, process tech transfer and validation, routine supply, process changes, and issue resolution.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for leading raw material planning and inventory control sub-teams in support of insourced and outsourced manufacturing
- Lead new materials readiness with Manufacturing, Quality, and Warehouse during facility and process start-up phase
- Responsible for meeting supply requirements while balancing facility and resource capacity utilization
- Develop, document, implement, and continuously improve planning and inventory strategies to ensure raw material availability for all applicable sites
- Direct oversight of CMOs for raw material planning and inventory control
- Execute material requirements planning for multiple manufacturing sites and multiple products
- Manage PO generation, track and manage open orders, and invoicing approvals for raw material procurement
- Ensure a controlled flow of key raw materials timed to support site start up, clinical launch, product transitions, and ongoing supply
- Proactively identify and mitigate any potential supply interruptions
- Establish and manage vendor managed inventory as appropriate
- Interface with all levels of organization, including senior management.
- Lead resolution and mitigation plans of materials issues at the site; escalate and coordinate with Supply Chain leadership if required and advise in network mitigation plans
- Coordinate with various functional groups, including Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, Clinical Operations, Commercial, Product Sciences, Finance and others.
- Provide timely updates to stakeholders on status of readiness activities and related projects
- Drive CAPAs, change controls, SCARs as needed
- Report and escalation on material supply issue and constrains including root cause and preventive actions
- Investigate and resolve problems, identifying root cause, and lead projects to drive improvements.
- Establish, author, and update SOP’s as required and process controls to obtain and maintain an efficient and effective department
- Manage transition of materials planning into MRP system without any interruptions to supply chain activities
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in Science or Engineering is a plus
- Master’s degree in business management (MBA) preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an operations role in the life sciences industry
- Strong background in biotechnology supply chain planning and demand management.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across different stakeholders (Finance, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, Supply Chain and Facilities)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills, with a high aptitude for problem-solving in a GMP environment
- Ability to objectively evaluate options/trade-offs and develop executive management-level recommendations
- Previous experience implementing an ERP system is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and influence with all levels of staff, including executives
- Proven leadership skills and organizational management experience
- Experience developing and mentoring staff preferable
- Ability to adapt easily to a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.