Senior Manager, Supplier Management
Supply Chain Management | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene’s Supply Chain organization is building a world class team that is focused on delivering potentially lifesaving therapies to patients. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as Senior Manager, Supplier Management. This role will be a hands-on role reporting to Senior Director, Supplier Management. You will manage and drive programs and activities related to supplier excellence, including identifying and developing GMP material suppliers and service providers and overseeing lifecycle management to support Allogene’s clinical and commercial objectives.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manage suppliers, including business requirements, sourcing and risk management strategy, supplier selection and qualification, contracting, and performance management
- Collaborate and build productive relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders to enable timely fulfillment of business requirements
- Manage supplier relationships and track performance measures with regular business reviews and reporting
- Ensure timely establishment and administration of supply and quality agreements through close collaboration with Legal, Procurement, and Quality units to assure agreements are in place and kept up to date
- Collaborate with Supply Chain planning units to develop effective supply plan and ensure risk management plan is in place and kept up to date for critical supply and escalate business risks to proper level of management
- Work closely with the Quality units on audit, investigation, complaints, change control and GMP systems monitoring, and follow through with action plan implementation
- Drive continuous business process improvements (e.g., enhancements to the sourcing process, development or revision of key sourcing procedures, documenting processes, etc.)
- Facilitate integrated risk management life cycle in partnership with key functions (QA, QC, Process Development & Supply Chain) - identification, assessment, mitigation planning and execution. Establish business cases for significant investments
- Facilitate Executive Reviews and liaises with Quality and PPD risk program managers to develop integrated risk profile
- Lead gate reviews with the Steering Committee to ensure alignment, and works with Steering Committee Leads (Supply Chain, Quality/QC, PPD) to ensure resources are allocated
- Responsible for the Risk Assessment process, ensuring that risks are identified, prioritized and mitigated. Identify Critical Materials and High-Risk Suppliers, creates mitigation plans to reduce risk
- Monitor ongoing health of supplier relationships and operations by managing the Vendor Survey program and monitoring vendor KPIs in a dashboard format
- Maintain E2E supply chain maps for all products and key sub-chains
- Leverage and utilize Operational Excellence tools and resources to institutionalize the Continuous Improvement mindset
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an operations role in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Strong background in biotechnology supply chain risk management and operational excellence methodologies, Supplier Relationship Management, Strategic Sourcing, outsourcing and contract negotiations.
- Ability to develop strategic and collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal customers at all levels of an organization, including Finance, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, Supply Chain and Facilities
- Problem solving skills with the ability to objectively evaluate and develop executive management-level recommendations
- Very strong leadership, communication and influencing capabilities
- Ability to adapt easily to a rapidly changing environment
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.