Senior Maintenance Technician, Facilities and Engineering
Facilities | Newark, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Maintenance Technician to join our team here at our biotechnology facility in Newark, California that includes general laboratories for bio-processing. In addition to facilities oversight activities, the Maintenance Technician will assist in the operation and maintenance of the company’s facility for production of cell-based therapeutics. We strive to ensure manufacturing and all labs and lab personnel are supported to meet business needs, as well as all other facility support requests that lay the foundation to a world class support organization. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager at Allogene Therapeutics, in support of the Newark site.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform daily rounds.
- Perform basic calibrations.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks including maintaining of utility equipment, RO Unit, pumps, boilers, chillers, air handlers and supporting equipment, lab equipment, and general facility repairs.
- Ensure clean rooms and general facility is maintained in optimum conditions and in compliance with GMP requirements including writing and documenting work performed on all tasks in our CMMS system, preferably Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Management.
- Ensure manufacturing and all labs and lab personnel are supported to meet business needs, including lab gasses, preventive maintenance, equipment service contracts, calibration and safety equipment
- In this role the mechanic may also be required to Monitor contractor’s performance when needed, and work closely with outside vendors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- Understanding of building P&IDs, as-built, schematics and flow diagram and electrical, is desired however, not required.
- Work in a safe manner following all safety SOP’s and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Work areas could contain hazardous chemicals, high and low temperature liquids, high pressure liquids and gasses, and moving machinery. Protecting ourselves and others are our number one priority.
- Follow instructions to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including FDA, CA FDB, OSHA, DOH, EPA, Fire Department, city audits, Health Department, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- High School diploma and or one of the following: relevant trade certification, vocational training in engineering or facilities, or equivalent experience required.
- 8+ years of experience in similar role including 3+ years in biotechnology industry.
- Valid CA driver’s license and ability to be covered by the company’s vehicle insurance policy.
- Exposure to operations involving engineering disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Environmental, and Industrial.
- Previous cGMP experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of systems needed to manage a GMP facility such as: HVAC, electrical, process systems, plumbing/piping, automation, general maintenance, pest management, both interior and exterior.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 50lb. of equipment or supplies.
- Must be able to squat, bend, kneel, climb, and or reach for 75% of an 8 hour shift.
- Able to work after hours and on call as needed; weekend shift support and shutdowns.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Experience in operating a BMS system, preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.