Senior Inventory Control Specialist
Supply Chain Management | Newark, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene’s Supply Chain organization is building a world class team that is focused on delivering potentially lifesaving therapies to patients. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Senior Inventory Control Specialist. This role will be a hands-on role reporting to our Senior Manager of Warehouse and is based out of Newark, CA but may require periodic presence at headquarters in South San Francisco, CA.
The primary objective for this person is to lead warehouse inventory control functional area(s). This individual has significant experience in inventory control, warehouse operations, materials management, technical skills (capacity utilization, cycle time efficiency, inventory turn-over, etc.), in-depth knowledge of inventory management systems and software (SAP, WMS, MES, etc.), and strong interpersonal and communication skills. This person would work closely with fellow functional and cross-functional members including Engineering, Facilities, Quality Assurance and/or Manufacturing to achieve team performance goals in the areas of safety, quality, and performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the warehouse operations team, ensuring safe, compliant execution of the on-the-floor warehouse operations in the cGMP commercial facility including receiving, put away, picking and component preparation for manufacturing and product shipping.
- Maintains inventory accuracy through management of physical inventory/cycle count processes.
- Manages ABC coding of inventory managed items.
- Maintain warehouse performance targets by participating in daily huddles (safety, quality, cost, performance, etc.) Investigate and resolve operational problems and/or compliance issues utilizing problem solving techniques (CFA/RCA, 5Why, Fishbone, KT, etc.,) to determine root cause.
- Implements corrective and preventative actions based on cross-functional problem solving and investigation findings.
- Adept at developing visual management tools to provide status updates on organizational performance.
- Achieves functional area goals as assigned and participates in functional and cross functional job rotations.
- Supports input assumptions associated with capacity and workforce planning; preemptively identifies constraints and risks.
- Support cycle count process to ensure accuracy and control of inventory volumes.
- Maintains inventory control throughout the Newark warehouse for all materials; per applicable procedures partners with cross-functional teams to ensure that ABC coding is periodically reviewed and accurate.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are in compliance with OSHA Standards.
- Ability to effectively lead continuous improvement projects with cross-functional team support.
- Accountable for process discrepancies in the warehouse and provide technical expertise to improve procedures.
- Initiation of deviations for non-conforming materials and operational anomalies.
- Accountable for reviewing and in some cases owning documentation associated with transfer protocols, validation protocols, standard operating procedures, and batch records.
- Supports internal and external audits, as well as SOX compliance audit reviews associated with internal controls.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering or Chemistry preferred.
- 5+ years of GMP experience in biotechnology industry
- Experience with setting up a lean warehouse
- Experience leading a physical inventory and cycle count program in SAP
- Experience with leading ABC coding efforts
- Proficient in SAP/WMS/MES
- Proficient in training/mentoring other Material Handlers
- Proficient at quality record documentation
- Experience with developing procedures and technical writing
- Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories) preferred.
- Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
- Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
- Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose possible root cause failure modes of warehouse transactions
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.