Senior/Executive Director, iPSC CAR Development
Research | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for hematologic cancers and solid tumors. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Position: Senior/Executive Director, iPSC CAR development
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Allogene is seeking a Senior Director/Executive Director to provide strategic and operational leadership of the partnership between Allogene and Notch Therapeutics and to coordinate internal activities to create iPSC-derived CAR therapies. This position will report directly to the Chief Scientific Officer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Allogene Research lead on design of the initial CAR therapy to be tested
- Lead a cross-functional team at Allogene involving Research, Translational, Clinical, CMC, Safety and Regulatory members to anticipate challenges and plan timelines for an iPSC derived product
- Act as the chief scientific liaison with Notch therapeutics to guide alignment and integrate activities between the two companies
- Develop a long-term strategy for an iPSC-derived portfolio
- Other duties as needed
Position Requirements & Experience:
- PhD in Life Sciences or other closely related field required with at least 10 years of experience in in drug development or iPSC/immunology/hematopoiesis/regenerative medicine related research
- Experience with designing or manufacturing an iPSC derived product
- Cross-functional leadership experience and ability to drive results in a matrixed environment
- Ability to excel and lead in a constantly evolving environment
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Knowledge of GMP as it applies to iPSC research
- Regulatory knowledge as it applies to iPSC research preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a belief in the value of diversity of thought and experience, as well as an emphasis in fostering an inclusive environment, and ability to work on a collaborative fashion in alliance another independent company
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication and a sense of personal accountability for self and team delivery
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.