Senior Director, Operations Strategy
Operations | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics is a biotechnology company with a mission to catalyze the next revolution in cancer treatment through the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR T) therapy directed at blood cancers and solid tumors. Founded and led by former Kite Pharma executives who bring unrivaled clinical development acumen in cell therapy, Allogene is well-positioned to further the potential of allogeneic cell therapy for patients.
Allogeneic CAR T therapies are engineered from cells of healthy donors and stored for “off-the-shelf” use in patients. This approach eliminates the need to create personalized therapy from a patient’s own cells, simplifies manufacturing, and reduces the time patients must wait for CAR T treatment. The Allogene portfolio includes 16 pre-clinical T cell therapy assets and UCART19, an allogeneic CAR T therapy currently in Phase 1 development for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Through its notable partnerships, Allogene leverages pioneering technology platforms, including TALEN® gene editing technology, to progress its portfolio of immuno-oncology therapies. Allogene, with headquarters in South San Francisco, California, is a Two River portfolio company formed with one of the largest Series A financings in biotechnology from an investment consortium which includes TPG, Vida Ventures, BellCo Capital, the University of California Office of the Chief Investment Officer, and Pfizer. For more information, please visit: www.allogene.com, follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Reporting directly to the CTO, this leader will coordinate and guide Operations Strategic Planning. This will include 1. the recruitment, oversight and strategic direction of CMC Program planning, 2. the creation of an analytical capability to enable diverse operational scenario consideration and decision making, 3. the initiation and evolution of Operations data strategy: the proactive development of a framework and taxonomies to enable Operations real time data availability and interrogation, and 4. the development of Operations commercialization business process architecture.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Regular coordination of Operations Leadership team
- Regular refreshment of CMC activity sequencing for efficiency and speed
- Regular analytical scenario consideration for optimal Operations infrastructure and/or labor considerations to optimize delivery and cost
- Maintain and grow multiple cross functional interfaces
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- PhD in life sciences or engineering with MBA and at least 10 years of experience in strategic and operational roles in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries
- Demonstrated abilities in risk analysis (operational model creation and decision analysis a plus)
- Prior CMC development and launch experience desirable
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within aggressive timelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.