Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist, Process and Technology Dev
Process and Product Development | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene is seeking a Senior Associate Scientist or Scientist to support the development and characterization of clinical-scale manufacturing processes for Allogene’s CAR T therapies.
This individual will contribute to the development, implementation and characterization of state-of-the-art processing technologies to deliver scalable and robust manufacturing processes. This position will also contribute to the development of novel technologies and approaches to meet future CAR T manufacturing needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively contribute to development and characterization of cell substrate starting material process development.
- Actively contribute to development, implementation, characterization and successful execution of robust, state-of-the-art CAR T process development.
- Support and contribute to relevant and impactful innovation programs to enhance CAR T manufacturing technologies/ capabilities and work-processes (such as alternate transfection/ cell engineering strategies, media development, disposable/ closed production systems and automation), aligned with emerging business drivers and regulatory expectations.
- Ensure high-quality execution of experiments and timely documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and Technical Reports.
- Present data/strategy to scientists (and management) in internal venues (technical meetings, Project Team meetings) as appropriate.
- Remain current with relevant literature. May collaborate and author external publications and present research at external conferences.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- MS or BS in Molecular & Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or the related field with 2+ years (with MS) or 4+ years (with BS) of relevant experience required.
- Experience with prior Gene & Cell Therapy manufacturing preferred, but not required.
- A demonstrated foundational understanding of mammalian or primary cell culture, biochemistry, molecular & cell biology and immunology (required for enhanced product & process understanding).
- Experience with aseptic technique and good cell culture practice is essential. The culture, maintenance, and genetic manipulation of primary cells such as HSCs, T cells, and/or iPSCs highly preferred
- Experience with immunological assays such as multi-color flow cytometry, able to independently carry out routine flow cytometry procedure and familiar with acquisition and data analysis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis tasks (e.g., Prism, FlowJo, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, paying attention to details and prioritizing effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.