Scientist, Allogeneic CAR T Cell Research
Research | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to evaluate CAR T cell therapies against solid tumors. The successful applicant will support the preclinical in vitro and in vivo characterization of CAR T cells and potential antibody combination studies for solid tumor indications. The ideal candidate is an individual who is excited to take on new challenges in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cell culture, including cell line maintenance and CAR T cell generation
- Set up in vitro assays including CAR T cell phenotyping, short and long-term cytotoxicity assays to evaluate the function of CAR T cells against tumor targets
- Execute in vivo studies to assess CAR T cell anti-tumor efficacy and safety using mouse models
- Harvest and process mouse tissues, and perform immunophenotyping ex vivo as needed
- Analysis and interpretation of experimental data
- Work collaboratively with other biologists and protein engineers
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and results
- Stay up to date on latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
- Present at group meetings and project team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field with at least 5 years of experience or a Master’s degree with at least 3 years of experience in an academic and/or industrial setting
- Academic experience in immunology or cellular biology
- Experience with aseptic technique and good cell culture practice is essential. Experience with primary T cell culture is highly preferred
- Experience with immunological assays such as multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA and cytotoxicity, is highly preferred
- Proficiency in mouse handling is essential. Experience with in vivo techniques such as dosing (e.g. subcutaneous, intravenous and intraperitoneal), blood collection, bioluminescent imaging, caliper measurement, and tissue harvesting is highly preferred
- Proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis tasks (e.g., Prism, FlowJo, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to take initiative, willingness to learn and adopt new experimental skills as needed
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to maintain detailed documentation
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.