Principal Scientist, Cellular Immunologist Product Sciences
Process and Product Development | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) products for cancer. Led by world-class management with significant experience in cell therapy, our fully integrated, in-house team of researchers is dedicated to discovery and translational research, development, and cell manufacturing.
At Allogene, we are developing a pipeline of off-the-shelf CAR T cell candidates, with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene is seeking a Principal Scientist cellular immunology to join the Product Sciences team in a critical position to build on our understanding of Allogene’s CAR-T products. The candidate will be an established cellular T-cell immunologist with deep experience in analyzing the health and fitness of engineered T-cells.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a leader and subject matter expert for cellular immunology as a product characterization scientist within the Product and Process Development group
- Design cell based analytical methods (cell health fitness, metabolism, polyfunctionality) to interrogate the function of T-cell starting material, during manufacturing process and in drug product to contribute to critical quality attribute (CQA) identification and correlation with clinical outcomes
- Work across multiple functions within the company to successfully deliver impactful insights into our understanding of the biology of drug product
- Work with bioinformaticians/data scientists to derive understanding from omics data sets including RNAseq, scRNAseq, proteomics and assist in developing tools that can be used by biologists to interrogate data; relevant experience in this area would be highly valuable
- Utilize experience to contribute to overall organizational effectiveness in Attribute Sciences
- Assist in authoring and reviewing analytical reports and provide direct input/data/ analysis to support data package for regulatory submissions
Position Requirements & Experience:
- PhD in immunology, cell biology or related field with demonstrated relevant experience to carry out responsibilities of position
- 8+ years of experience in a similar role in the biotechnology industry; experience in the adoptive T-cell therapy field would be highly beneficial
- Creative problem solver with the ability to utilize new technologies to dive deeper and more broadly in advancing your knowledge in the field of T-cell biology to solve challenges in developing CAR-T and other adoptive T-cell therapies; experience with data analysis, R script or similar functional tools, and visualization tools such as Spotfire or Tableau
- Expertise in:
- Multiparameter flow cytometry method design and demonstrated application to interrogating health and fitness of T-cells (eg apoptosis)
- T-cell culture and cell-based assay development
- Understanding of ex vivo cell metabolism and fitness relationships of engineered T-cell therapeutics to vivo function in the tumor microenvironment, correlates to clinical activity
- Partner with Process Development scientists to understand drug product
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to effectively prioritize work in a rapidly evolving landscape to deliver results within established timelines
- Ability to work independently and as a part of teams across multiple groups and in critical interactions with Analytical and Process Development, Research, Translational, Quality and Biometrics
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication to work effectively within a collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. We also embrace differences in experience and background, and welcome diversity of opinions and thought with active recruitment and internships designed to create a stronger and better Allogene that is focused on developing life-changing products for patients.