Principal Scientist, Analytical Development
Process and Product Development | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated principal Scientist to join our analytical development team in a critical position to understand Allogene’s CAR T products. The selected candidate will be an established T cell immunologist and responsible for developing cell-based characterization, in-process and release assays to support process development and manufacturing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a leader and subject matter expert for cellular immunology as an analytical scientist within the Product and Process Development group
- Select, design and implement cell-based analytical methods to test process intermediates, drug substances and drug products during process development and contribute to manufacturing process understanding and design
- Exercise independent judgment in performing experimental methods, techniques, evaluation criteria for obtaining results, and data analysis
- Provide technical input to enhance current analytical methods
- Write test methods and development reports, and contribute to relevant regulatory filings
- Tech transfer selected assays to in-house, CRO and CMO QC groups
Position Requirements & Experience:
- A PhD or equivalent in Immunology, Cell Biology or related field with 8+ years of assay development experience in adoptive T-cell therapy field would be highly beneficial
- Experience in executing cellular characterization via cell functional assays, T-cell culture and cell-based assay development and refinement, including potency, proliferation, and exhaustion
- Experience with assay qualification and validation is plus
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task within a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.