Manager, Data Integration
IT | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Information Technology (IT) department within Allogene partners with functional teams to deploy and support IT solutions in alignment with business goals and objectives.
The vision of the IT department assumes a very lean and nimble internal team that sets the overall IT and leverages third-party partners for execution. This delivery philosophy is focused on partnering with service providers that possess working knowledge and experience in the life sciences industry and technology vendors that provide cloud-based SaaS solutions in order to support Allogene’s rapidly evolving and increasing business needs and minimize our on-premise footprint and support costs.
Allogene IT is rapidly deploying new systems and applications needed by all functional areas within the organization including research, product development, manufacturing, clinical operations, and corporate systems. In this highly SaaS/cloud hosted environment, the seamless exchange of data will be a key requirement for these systems to work efficiently. The data from these systems have to flow into Allogene’s Data Lake for analysis and data-driven decision making.
This position will be the technical owner of Allogene’s Data Lake and data integration platforms. You will be responsible for deploying and managing efficient data interchanges between systems and data pipelines from these systems to the data lake. Success of this position will be measured by key metrics associated with operational efficiency gains, effective cross-functional and cross-application integration, and on-time / on-budget project delivery while also being tightly aligned with Allogene’s culture and core values.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Data Integration Manager will be a key member of the IT team and will report into the Senior Director of Data, Analytics and Integrations. Key Responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
Technical Ownership of the Data lake platform including system and data architecture, engineering and data pipelines
Ownership of the Data integration platform starting from selection and deployment of a data integration tool to building out a network of connected applications based on API interfaces and microservices
Stakeholder Management: Manage and communicate with data platform stakeholders balancing business needs with technology capabilities
Portfolio Management: Work with cross functional business partners to lead the technical delivery of analytical/integration solutions approved within the portfolio and contribute to the 3-year IT roadmap
- Collaborate with business partners to understand, document and prioritize new datasets and features to be added to the data lake
- Align closely with Corporate Systems IT teams to support the deployment of ERP and MES systems by building the required data exchanges
- Partners with the Validation, QA and Security organizations to ensure compliance with regulatory and security requirements
- Responsible for the overall architecture of the data platforms and provide guidance and oversight
- Ensure that guiding principles and technology standards are followed
- Participate in the evaluation/pilot of new technologies and provide recommendations on how they apply to the Allogene data lake platform
Other Duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, MBA or equivalent work experience desired
- Minimum 4-6 years’ work experience, preferably within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Hands-on experience in data integration, data lake, solution design, development, and implementation
- Experience with leading data integration tools like Dell Boomi, AWS Glue, Mulesoft, Informatica or AirFlow
- Experience with big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop, AWS RedShift, S3 and Athena
- Programming experience on Python and experience writing shell scripts is preferred
- Broad IT operations experience, with emphasis on Life Sciences-related systems delivery required
- Experience with the use of SDLC methodologies in project delivery required
- Understanding of SOX and GxP controls with experience working in an FDA regulated environment
- Experience across the Quality Systems landscape, with focus on the Veeva Vault Suite of products (Quality Docs, Submissions, etc.)
- Ability to work directly with business partners and end users to generate consensus around technical directions
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and evaluate solutions
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into business terms
- Contributes to setting the overall IT department agenda and operating practices
- Works to develop well-rounded personnel via complete and actionable development plans
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills
- Strategic mindset with strong analytical foundation
- Ability to drive continuous improvement across the organization
- Ability to operate in a cross-functional / matrix environment
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Allogene’s values
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.