Manager, Corporate Communications
Corporate Communications | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics is a biotechnology company with a mission to catalyze the next revolution in cancer treatment through the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR T) therapy directed at blood cancers and solid tumors. Founded and led by former Kite Pharma executives who bring unrivaled clinical development acumen in cell therapy, Allogene is well-positioned to further the potential of allogeneic cell therapy for patients.
Allogeneic CAR T therapies are engineered from cells of healthy donors and stored for “off-the-shelf” use in patients. This approach eliminates the need to create personalized therapy from a patient’s own cells, simplifies manufacturing, and reduces the time patients must wait for CAR T treatment. The Allogene portfolio includes 16 pre-clinical T cell therapy assets and UCART19, an allogeneic CAR T therapy currently in Phase 1 development for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Through its notable partnerships, Allogene leverages pioneering technology platforms, including TALEN® gene editing technology, to progress its portfolio of immuno-oncology therapies. Allogene, with headquarters in South San Francisco, California, is a Two River portfolio company formed with one of the largest Series A financings in biotechnology from an investment consortium which includes TPG, Vida Ventures, BellCo Capital, the University of California Office of the Chief Investment Officer, and Pfizer. For more information, please visit: www.allogene.com, follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Communications team focuses on all aspects of communications associated with Allogene Therapeutics including corporate reputation, business and employee engagement e through internal and external communications, digital/social media, shared value/cause, and investor relations. The Manager, Corporate Communications will support internal and external communications and report to Chief Communications Officer. The position includes a wide variety of communications activities, including executive communications, media relations, employee communications, engagement efforts, town halls, and program execution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and/or customize communications packages to support employee communication and engagement efforts
- Executive support for speaking engagements, town halls, media interviews and other areas as needed
- Deliver on communications plans and work with external agencies to support external initiatives
- Maintain investor relations databases, calendar tracking, conference calls and provide support as needed including press release distribution
- Manage external website
- Assist with maintaining, tracking and updating communications materials
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelors degree with at least 5 years of experience in communications within a corporate or agency environment
- Demonstrated superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to synthesize and shape complex issues/opportunities into simple communication materials
- Strong understanding of driving employee communications and engagement
- Demonstrated media relations experience
- Self-starter, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Issues management/communications exposure
- Additional personal or business experience involving biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical device industry
- A positive and contagious attitude for effective communications
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people of varied backgrounds, education levels, and organizational levels
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.#LI-KN1