Maintenance Technician, Facilities and Engineering
Facilities | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
This position will report to the Head of Facilities and Engineering at Allogene Therapeutics, in support of the South San Francisco site.
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician to maintain a biotechnology facility that includes general laboratories for bio-processing. In addition to facilities oversight activities, the Maintenance Technician will assist in the operation and maintenance of the company’s facility for production of cell-based therapeutics.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all safety SOP’s and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Support and take direction from Facilities, Lab and Engineering team members required to sustain functionality of their areas.
- Assist in all facility services including waste removal, recycling, central services, office furnishings and office equipment, set up for special events, daily rounds
- Maintain accurate records keeping equipment and systems cGMP compliant.
- Work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools
- Ensure manufacturing and all labs and lab personnel are supported to meet business needs, including lab gasses, preventive maintenance, equipment service contracts, calibration and safety equipment
- Follow instructions to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including FDA, CA FDB, OSHA, DOH, EPA, Fire Department, city audits, Health Department, etc.
- Ability to work safely in an environment containing hazardous chemicals, high and low temperature liquids, high pressure liquids and gasses, steam, and moving machinery
- Receive gasses and check status daily
- Able to work after hours and on call as needed; weekend shift support and shutdowns
- Receive and deliver vendor delivered supplies to appropriate locations by driving the company vehicles between locations
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- High School diploma, relevant trade certification, and some college or vocational training in engineering or facilities or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of experience in similar role in biotechnology industry
- Valid CA driver’s license and ability to be covered by the company’s vehicle insurance policy
- Exposure to operations involving engineering disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural,
- Environmental, and Industrial
- Previous cGMP experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of systems needed to manage a GMP facility such as: HVAC, electrical, process systems, plumbing/piping, general maintenance, pest management, both interior and exterior
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 100 lb. of equipment or supplies.
- Must be able to squat, bend, kneel, climb, and or reach for 75% of an 8 hour shift
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.