Lead Systems Engineer – SAP Applications
IT | Remote, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) products for cancer. Led by world-class management with significant experience in cell therapy, our fully integrated, in-house team of researchers is dedicated to discovery and translational research, development, and cell manufacturing.
At Allogene, we are developing a pipeline of off-the-shelf CAR T cell candidates, with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Lead Systems Engineer – SAP Applications will be a key member of the Allogene SAP Center of Excellence working with both internal resources as well as various external support partners to ensure the SAP Solution Landscape is configured and optimized to support Allogene’s current and future business requirements. This role can be based in South San Francisco or remote.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage SAP changes and re-designs. Maintain architecture, configuration, licensing and optimize the physical design for the specific SAP system
- Plan and execute application updates and upgrade projects to ensure the SAP Infrastructure is current properly maintained
- Partner with the SAP Hana Enterprise Cloud (HEC) Organization to manage and maintain our SAP Server and Database Environments
- Experience with SAP S/4 Hana and HANA Security roles within a Fiori environment
- Able to act independently. Maintain system compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and GxP Regulatory requirements
- Experience implementing, administering, and maintaining policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company SAP systems
- Owns requirements gathering, documentation and ensures timely implementation, testing of changes. · Provide proactive monitoring and troubleshooting of the SAP Landscape
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation for system activities and ensure change control is followed as necessary
- Develop and manage our SAP Client Structure and Transport Path. Ensure identified Dev / Test / QA Clients are configured, deployed, and refreshed in line with development cycle
- Develop and manage process to optimize SAP Security (User Establishment, Authentication and Security Role Assignment)
- Establishes and monitors service and support metrics demonstrating continuous improvement of end-to-end solution delivery and operations executed by partners in alignment with SLAs and global strategies and standards.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering, a related degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Capable of understanding client needs and translating this into products and services.
- Ability to technically decompose and organize complex work. Lead small teams to successful completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possesses experience with middleware, integration, and web technologies for SAP solutions (S/4 Hana, Cloud Analytics, Cloud Integration Platform)
- Possesses experience with multiple SAP Components (Financials, Inventory & Materials Management, Warehouse Management, and Supply Chain Management)
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. We also embrace differences in experience and background, and welcome diversity of opinions and thought with active recruitment and internships designed to create a stronger and better Allogene that is focused on developing life-changing products for patients.\