Biometrics Intern, Clinical Programmer (Summer 2023)
Internships | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Internship | From $25.00 to $28.00 per hour
Allogene Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) products for cancer. Led by world-class management with significant experience in cell therapy, our fully integrated, in-house team of researchers is dedicated to discovery and translational research, development, and cell manufacturing.
At Allogene, we are developing a pipeline of off-the-shelf CAR T cell candidates, with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
About the role:
- Learn and develop Spotfire Visualizations based on the CTMS data or Clinical Trial Data.
- Create Data Review Listings by using SAS or R.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Learn and develop Spotfire Visualizations based on Clinical operation’s team request.
- Collaborate with Clinical Programming Lead or Data Management group to create Data Review Listings by using SAS or R.
- Automate the repeated tasks by scripts or SAS.
- Communicate Clinical Programming Lead on data issues.
- Create posters and present the work on Intern’s Poster Day at Allogene.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor / Master’s in Computer Science, Statistics or Life Science or related field required (or relevant experience)
- Learn Spotfire platform, with guidance from the lead.
- 1+ years of programming experience in similar role in biotechnology industry.
- Prior experience on programming.
- Knowledge in SAS programming, R and Unix scripts.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We offer a chance to work with talented people in a collaborative environment. The expected rate range for this role is $25.00 - $28.00 per hour. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, business needs, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. We also embrace differences in experience and background, and welcome diversity of opinions and thought with active recruitment and internships designed to create a stronger and better Allogene that is focused on developing life-changing products for patients.
Please be aware that the FBI recently issued a warning about an increased number of fake job postings for remote work employment that target applicants' personally identifiable information. All approved Allogene Therapeutics positions are accessible via the Allogene Careers page at www.allogene.com/careers