Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist (Contractor)
Process and Product Development | South San Francisco, CA | Contract
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) products for cancer. Led by world-class management with significant experience in cell therapy, our fully integrated, in-house team of researchers is dedicated to discovery and translational research, development, and cell manufacturing.
At Allogene, we are developing a pipeline of off-the-shelf CAR T cell candidates, with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene is seeking a Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist to support the development and characterization of clinical-scale manufacturing processes for Allogene’s CAR T therapies. This individual will contribute to the development, implementation and characterization of state-of-the-art processing technologies to deliver scalable and robust manufacturing processes. This position will also contribute to the development of novel technologies and approaches to meet future CAR T manufacturing needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively contribute to development and characterization of cell substrate starting material process development.
- Actively contribute to development, implementation, characterization, and successful execution of robust, state-of-the-art CART process development.
- Support and contribute to relevant and impactful innovation programs to enhance CART manufacturing technologies/ capabilities and work-processes (such as alternate transfection/ cell engineering strategies, media development, disposable/ closed production systems and automation), aligned with emerging business drivers and regulatory expectations.
- Ensure high-quality execution of experiments and timely documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and Technical Reports.
- Present data/strategy to scientists (and management) in internal venues (technical meetings, Project Team meetings) as appropriate.
- Remain current with relevant literature. May collaborate and author external publications and present research at external conferences.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- BS/MS in molecular biology or related discipline
- A demonstrated foundational understanding of mammalian primary cell culture, biochemistry, molecular & cell biology, and immunology.
- Experience with aseptic technique and good cell culture practice is essential.
- Basic understanding of immunological assays such as multi-color flow cytometry is desirable, from samples manipulation, acquisition, and data analysis (FlowJo).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis tasks (e.g., Prism, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, paying attention to details and prioritizing effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. We also embrace differences in experience and background, and welcome diversity of opinions and thought with active recruitment and internships designed to create a stronger and better Allogene that is focused on developing life-changing products for patients.