Associate Director/Senior Manager Program Management
Program Management | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) products for cancer. Led by world-class management with significant experience in cell therapy, our fully integrated, in-house team of researchers is dedicated to discovery and translational research, development, and cell manufacturing.
At Allogene, we are developing a pipeline of off-the-shelf CAR T cell candidates, with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are looking for a talented, motivated Program Manager to join our Program Management Team as a key leader of programs from Pre-IND planning through BLA/MAA approvals. S/he will be responsible for actively managing highly technical, cross functional teams to ensure the execution of drug discovery and development programs in a dynamic, collaborative environment. S/he will manage program scope, timelines, deliverables, risks, decisions, and communications. This position will report to the Head of Portfolio Management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads program teams to manage the development and execution of program strategy in alignment with corporate goals.
- Leads program management activities for a high performing, cross functional program and across project teams (including representatives from Research, Clinical, Regulatory, CMC, and Commercial).
- Accountable as the primary contact for program team related information and for obtaining and maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of the program scope, deliverables, timelines, status, and key risks.
- Works with the Program team members to facilitate project/program execution from Pre-IND planning through BLA/MAA approvals utilizing project management tools and processes to maintain strategic direction, project schedule/timeline, communications, and identify and mitigate risks.
- Facilitates Program related decision-making processes by working with the program teams for proposals and resolutions and preparation for senior management review as part of the governance process.
- Leverages input from all critical functions to prepare detailed integrated development plans that maximize the value of the programs. Defines the program’s critical path with program teams to understand the associated risks and to ensure the programs meet their milestones on time and on budget.
- Manages program team meeting operations including planning agendas, scheduling meetings, preparing minutes, and following-up with team members on critical action items.
- Ensures program team activities and decisions are clearly communicated, documented, and archived.
- Fosters strong relationships and supports effective and impactful communications with management, team members and functional line managers in order to ensure active management of issues/risks/decisions/opportunities
- Maintains program-related documentation such as program plans, budget and timelines and project goals ensuring appropriate access
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences, engineering or related field required (or relevant experience)
- Five+ years of experience in similar role in biotechnology industry
- Cell therapy experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. We also embrace differences in experience and background, and welcome diversity of opinions and thought with active recruitment and internships designed to create a stronger and better Allogene that is focused on developing life-changing products for patients.