Finance | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics is a biotechnology company with a mission to catalyze the next revolution in cancer treatment through the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR T) therapy directed at blood cancers and solid tumors. Founded and led by former Kite Pharma executives who bring unrivaled clinical development acumen in cell therapy, Allogene is well-positioned to further the potential of allogeneic cell therapy for patients.
Allogeneic CAR T therapies are engineered from cells of healthy donors and stored for “off-the-shelf” use in patients. This approach eliminates the need to create personalized therapy from a patient’s own cells, simplifies manufacturing, and reduces the time patients must wait for CAR T treatment. The Allogene portfolio includes 16 pre-clinical T cell therapy assets and UCART19, an allogeneic CAR T therapy currently in Phase 1 development for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Through its notable partnerships, Allogene leverages pioneering technology platforms, including TALEN® gene editing technology, to progress its portfolio of immuno-oncology therapies. Allogene, with headquarters in San Francisco, California, is a Two River portfolio company formed with one of the largest Series A financings in biotechnology from an investment consortium which includes TPG, Vida Ventures, BellCo Capital, the University of California Office of the Chief Investment Officer, and Pfizer. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Allogene is seeking an Accounting Manager to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial close, including costs from third party service providers’ payroll, research and development expenses including clinical manufacturing costs are all fairly stated in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Allogene’s accounting policies. The ideal candidate will have biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience and have extensive experience working in ERP systems.
This position will report directly to the Controller.
- Oversee monthly/quarterly/annual financial close, including development of process and procedures to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy.
- Responsible for all month-end close functions including preparing journal entries, reconciliations, supporting schedules and analyses as needed.
- Analyze and collect data to determine costs of research projects, including materials, labor costs, and overhead.
- Assist with implementation of ERP system.
- Participate in any ERP projects and/or workshops impacting clinical manufacturing.
- Assist Manufacturing, Quality, and Supply Chain organizations by participating in project teams as needed.
- Ensure internal controls related to accounting operations are adequate and ensure processes are SOX compliant.
- Enhance Allogene’s current accounting processes as the business matures.
- Collaborate with FP&A and Clinical team to evaluate new contracts, track and record actuals and accruals, and develop and implement improved processes to scale as the number and complexity of clinical trials increases.
- Responsible for key research agreements accruals.
- Support audit and SEC reporting requirements on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist with the administration of executive compensation programs, including annual and long term incentive programs.
- Ad hoc projects and financial analysis to support key business decisions and projects.
- BA/BS degree (or higher) in accounting.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, biotech experience is highly valued.
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word and able to learn new systems quickly.
- Solid understanding of GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Willingness to work extended hours during peak periods.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may email us through our careers website at www.allogene.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.