VP Finance and Operations
You can learn anything on Udemy. Today, over 3,000,000 students in 190+ countries are taking online courses on Programming, Yoga, Design, Photography, Spanish, Marketing, Guitar, Finance, Cake Decorating, and so much more.
More than 16,000 courses (in 10 different languages!) have been published in our marketplace. Each course is designed and taught by an expert instructor and hundreds of new courses are published every month. So whether you want to get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, or just further a passion, Udemy’s here to help you achieve your goals.
Founded in 2010, Udemy has raised a total of $48 million in venture capital and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Everyone at Udemy shares a big vision - to help anyone anywhere learn anything, online. We're looking for a VP of Finance and Operations who is strategic, analytical and hands on to play a central role in growing and managing a world-class company.
The VP of Finance and Operations will be a critical member of Udemy’s leadership team and will be responsible for driving Udemy’s Financial and Business Operations. Financial responsibilities range from developing and tracking key metrics to closing the books (monthly, quarterly, year-end). You will be the source of financial information for our leadership team, external constituents, investors, and employees. You’ll hold diverse operational responsibilities, including creation and maintenance of administrative policies, facilities management and vendor management. You will be a vital and objective business partner and a trusted resource to the company’s leadership. This role reports directly to the CEO.
• Build and own the Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting functions. Work across the entire organization and act as a clear and objective sounding board for the Executive Team as well as business teams for ongoing planning.
• Own and drive Business and Financial Reporting – you’ll develop and communicate KPIs for internal and external reporting purposes.
• Support our growing organization through Business Operations duties, including creation of new overseas entities, opening new facilities and negotiating vendor contracts.
• Manage Stock Administration.
• Own the Accounting function, including closing of the books, audit preparation, etc.
• Develop and own various Administrative policies
• Help build our culture, leadership style and company values as a member of the Udemy leadership team.
• Able to work autonomously and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization committed to ongoing learning and improvement.
• Comfortable with leading and decision making in a data-oriented environment.
• A true business partner – not just a keeper of numbers.
• Incredible orientation to detail.
• Passion for continuous learning: You love our mission.
• Strong communication skills – you can communicate and work with a broad spectrum of styles, levels and teams.
• Results oriented, dependable and accountable – natural gravitation toward ownership.
• Resourcefulness in developing solutions and a bias toward action.
• Experience opening and managing entities and offices outside of the US.
WORK STRUCTURE & COMPENSATION
Udemy is based in SOMA, San Francisco. Compensation includes full time base and equity and competitive benefits (including healthcare, commuter benefits, and an unlimited vacation policy.
Learn more about Udemy, our mission, culture, philosophies, and team.
UDEMY IN THE NEWS