TechShed operates in a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks, where what you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented in the afternoon. Folks who are afraid of impassioned whiteboard debates and rowdy ping-pong games need not apply. We’re looking for people who are zealous about building products that drive billions of dollars in revenue.
Our philosophy relies heavily on working hard and playing hard: Life at Techshed includes company ski trips, wine tastings, and other team building activites. Sound like a good time? Come build things with the company that builds things in America.
- Free catered meals and a fully stocked kitchen
- Professional espresso machine- hone your latte-art skills here
- Free shuttle service to/from SF— load up your Clipper card on us
- Uber service to Caltrain and Bart
- Bridge toll reimbursement
- Flexible telecommuting options
- Gym reimbursement and wellness incentives — our office is bicycle, scooter & skateboard friendly
- Free Pilates and Yoga instruction
- Game room with ping pong and pool table
- Bicycles available with miles of trails just outside the door
- Onsite showering facilities
- Tuition and industry-related conference reimbursement — we support your career development
- Medical, vision, & dental coverage — we want you to take care of yourself
- 401K Matching & ESPP (purchase our stock at a 15% discount) — get stocked up
- Referral Bonuses
- Annual offsite team building activities
Take a look at what it's like to work at Techshed:
About the Job:
- Apply technology to drive business results in a data-driven environment. Take ownership of what users see and have a strong voice in how we enhance and improve the product.
- Relish in the role of being a front-end specialist. We will look to you to solve hard problems and make our front-end fast, elegant and awesome.
- Build leading edge features using social, mobile, AJAX, widgets and more.
- PASSIONATE about realizing great design through code. You have opinions about the products you work on and aren't afraid to defend them / be criticized / be wrong. You know how to be confident and consultative at the same time.
- Experience writing code that interacts with a large, complex back end - you need to be able to read server side code. You have some experience working in a server side scripting language... it would be great if it was Python, but others (Java, Ruby) would be fine.
- Software Engineering discipline. We need you to understand what it means to work in a professional software engineering environment and how to work effectively with other talented team members. No cowboys or lone wolves. You take pride in checking in bug free code.
- Comfortable with compromise – you build beautiful, functional stuff, but you know that the perfect is the enemy of the good.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems or related field.
Nice to Have:
- You have an eye for design. You are interested in visual and/or interaction design, and maybe have even performed one of these roles in the past.
- Demonstrable experience building user interfaces that render perfectly across a multitude of operating systems, browsers and mail clients. You take pride in your pixels. You routinely astonish colleagues with your detail orientation.
- Experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- You code for fun and have a side project or two you help out with.
- CS background is preferred, but it's more important that you are passionate about design, usability and other things non-code-related: you are good with code, but do it to *make things* and *make them cooler* - not to stare at ones and zeroes.
- Experience integrating with third parties - through APIs or otherwise.