Nomis is developing a suite of predictive models and classifiers that drive our products. You are an ideal candidate if you have hands-on experience working with data scientists to design and manage data warehouses and complex ETL pipelines.
Who We Are & What We Build
We have brilliant people using cutting-edge technology and complex analytics to help banks deliver win-win products and pricing in an environment that is increasingly competitive and highly disruptive. In over 75 implementations, Nomis customers are on track to optimize $1 trillion in banking transactions and generate $1 billion in incremental profits.
Who You Are
If you love working with complex data and you're creative, innovative, and passionate about what you do, we'd like to talk with you!
- Develop standardized approaches to deliver customer level insights from raw customer data
- Work closely with data scientists and engineers to design and maintain scalable data models and ETL pipelines
- Optimize table schemata based on usage patterns
- Lead development of architecture and standards for a business metric warehouse
- Help data scientists optimize productionized Pig and Hive queries
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
- Work with modeling analysts to improve customer segmentation, variable selection and behavioral modeling methodologies
- Commit to writing production quality code that integrates into our Big Data Platform (Hadoop)
- Evangelize Nomis Data Analytics via meet-ups and presentations
- Expertise in building and maintaining reliable & high quality ETL jobs
- Proven ability to work with varied forms of data infrastructure, including relational databases (e.g. SQL), MapReduce/Hadoop, and column store (e.g. Vertica/Redshift)
- Expert knowledge of SQL/Hive, Pig/Cascading a plus
- Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related field
- Strong background in concurrent and/or distributed cloud computing a plus
- Experience handling retail bank/financial institution data a plus