OIL / GAS WELL Drilling Engineers
For a Major Globally Operated, Fully Integrated Oil & Gas Operating Company
For Drilling of Petroleum Oil and Gas Wells Onshore & Offshore
Work Location: Primarily Houston, Texas office w/ up to 25% travel to the GoM / Gulf of Mexico field.
Other locations may arise during your career.
Job Type: Engineering
Full time, direct-hire, career-track positions with the operating company; this is NOT a contract position.
Paid Interview Expenses & Relocation Available: Yes - including international / expat.
Must already have the right to be employed by any company in the USA.
* Must be a USA Citizen or have a USA permanent Resident Visa. Client will not hire other Visa candidates such as F, E, TN, etc.
* Engineering Degree
* Client insists that candidates must have at least 8 years professional level experience as a drilling engineer as a full time employee of an oil and gas company, or an oil and gas service company, or an oil and gas equipment manufacturing company, or an oil and gas consulting firm / oil and gas engineering and construction company / E&C.
* Drilling Engineers are accountable for engineering activity covering the planning, program preparation and execution of drilling operations within the wells team.
* Accountable for operational support on new and existing wells.
* The Drilling Engineer reports to the Drilling Engineering Team Leader.
* Success is dependent on leveraging the collective efforts of some of the most experienced technical experts in the world.
* Deliver detailed drilling engineering guidance, working with multidisciplinary teams in creating drilling designs for oil and gas wells.
• With a strong commitment to HSSE, you will take responsibility for planning and executing drilling well designs for oil or gas wells.
• Ensure drilling programs, program amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
• Working closely with resource teams, geologists, production and service company personnel to ensure an efficient operation.
• Prepare cost estimates and cost control for wells activities.
• Monitor all phases of the drilling operations.
• Perform post-analyses for benchmarking and learning, identification and implementation of appropriate new technologies.
• Prepare end of well reports.
• Recommend and conduct engineering studies to improve drilling operational performance.
• Implement best practices as identified in operational and engineering studies.
• Onsite support for key drilling operations
• Ensure appropriate assurance and review of the drilling design and work plan.
• Coach and mentor Drilling Engineers to ensure appropriate technical development.
• Assure adequate third party Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
Essential Education a Bachelors Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline.
• Proven success in a Drilling Engineer role, demonstrated competence in well design for drilling activities.
• Knowledge of conducting assurance and review of drilling planning work.
• Demonstrated competence in well design.
• Knowledge of pore pressure and fracture gradient prediction.
• Experience working with third party service providers.
• A willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time to the field location in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
• Ability to work to timelines with minimum supervision.
•Personal commitment and proactive approach to Health, Safety and the Environment.
•Demonstrated experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
•Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
•Ability and willingness to relocate to the area of work.
• Competence with Landmark well engineering software packages (DIMS / Openwells, Wellplan, etc).
• Drilling experience for an operator in a Drilling Engineer role.
• IWCF Well Control certified or equivalent.
• Participation in continuous improvement processes.
• Flexible approach to work.
• Aptitude to innovate and be open to new ideas.
• Proven track record as a strong team player.
• Experience working with HPHT wells.
•Experience with floating operations.